Spec me a CCTV System

Soldato
Anyone interested in some imagery from the 8MP TiOC? PN HDW3849HP?

Just got three land on my desk

You got the less great end of the stick there. The 5MP is the better camera. The sensor on the. 8MP is significantly less sensitive at night. So much so that the rated illumination distance is half that of the 5MP and there is significant tearing on the image if you run them at 20fps. Depth of field is also worse.

They’re great in the daylight though.

Hopefully you got them cheap?

Soldato
Go into the menu and Turn on Anti-Fog. It sounds like some sort of demister but actually it's to stop reflections from microscopic water droplets in the air (fog/mist).

Sweet! Thank you, will set that when I get home.

Synology don't seem to be responding to my requests about the 3 unsupported camera's but they are working perfectly fine at the moment being set as a 'generic dahua camera' in surveillance station.

Soldato
You got the less great end of the stick there. The 5MP is the better camera. The sensor on the. 8MP is significantly less sensitive at night. So much so that the rated illumination distance is half that of the 5MP and there is significant tearing on the image if you run them at 20fps. Depth of field is also worse.

They’re great in the daylight though.

Hopefully you got them cheap?
Free :p

We're an installer, have just got back from Christmas so they're here for testing to see what we think.

We have a load of the 8MP ones rolled out, and a huge tonne of the 2MP original full colours, now it's time for the 5MP and 8MP testing.

Soldato
Free :p

We're an installer, have just got back from Christmas so they're here for testing to see what we think.

We have a load of the 8MP ones rolled out, and a huge tonne of the 2MP original full colours, now it's time for the 5MP and 8MP testing.

Cool. Chris at Dahua in Maidenhead did the original side-by-side testing and it wasn’t great and then the IPVM review (they don’t like Dahua anyway) but they absolutely hammered the 8MP. If you see them next to each other it’s like dipped and full beam headlights.

Soldato
Cool. Chris at Dahua in Maidenhead did the original side-by-side testing and it wasn’t great and then the IPVM review (they don’t like Dahua anyway) but they absolutely hammered the 8MP. If you see them next to each other it’s like dipped and full beam headlights.
Yeah might grab a 5MP and put it side by side, we're going to get an 8 up on our building tonight in place of one of them and see how it goes.

Soldato
Go into the menu and Turn on Anti-Fog. It sounds like some sort of demister but actually it's to stop reflections from microscopic water droplets in the air (fog/mist).

Hopefully I am just being silly but could you confirm which menu the defog mode option is under? I would have thought it was under the 'conditions' menu but I have checked every sub menu under that and it is not listed!

I've checked the firmware (manual check in the upgrade menu) and it tells me I am on the latest one: 2.800.0000000.19.R

Soldato
I thought that might be the case, strange. I was using the same wiki as a guide but the option does not present itself! I've even gone as far as changing a few settings from auto to manual to see if it opens up any new options but I still can't see it.

No rush, if you do get time to have a look when you get home it would be greatly appreciated!

Soldato
I thought that might be the case, strange. I was using the same wiki as a guide but the option does not present itself! I've even gone as far as changing a few settings from auto to manual to see if it opens up any new options but I still can't see it.

No rush, if you do get time to have a look when you get home it would be greatly appreciated!
Setting> Camera> Conditions> Conditions> Defog is where it should be?

Give me 30 mins or so I'll log in and find out.

Soldato
Where is the best place to raise it? I've found this email on the dahua website.

Tech Support: [email protected]
I raised it earlier today with Maidenhead, usually they rely on the offshore team for things such as this :)

You won't get too far as they really only deal with installers

@WJA96 Appreciate it's bit far for you but if you get the opportunity to see the demo room at Maidenhead if you haven't already - it's pretty epic!

Soldato
I raised it earlier today with Maidenhead, usually they rely on the offshore team for things such as this :)

You won't get too far as they really only deal with installers

@WJA96 Appreciate it's bit far for you but if you get the opportunity to see the demo room at Maidenhead if you haven't already - it's pretty epic!

That’s where I had all my training :) I agree it’s quite good. It does vary a bit though because obviously they swap out cameras all the time. The last time I was in (about this time last year) they had one of the 70kg 360 panoramics with the built-in PTZ and that was like - oh, that’s what a £8000 camera looks like! And then I really the like the fact that every time I walked past the Facial Recognition camera at the door it identified me as a male half my age - yay! :)

Obviously this year it’s all online but I’m looking forward to the Expert course or whatever they’re going to call the new very high-end installer training this year.

Associate
fQCHDxM.png

Pin 1 = blue/white as it interfaces to that connector - if your using a straight passthrough female to female you'll want that to stay in pin 1 when you wire it up...

H.View support replied to my message asking what the wires related to.
ACtC-3eHf5XqOkZN5jQL4pwClcM7DXOpYPMSpJFgQ90Y9MDbN5RnPKDUqzpGDEvbAjafoML72kKCE2BmhO-oD9BUz41SQe-mIo6_DQt-ugs29B5ARYDorPnlPB4s_0i_ryZ1JSkXJwi2Yfy4e10VrNXnI4dtfQ=w863-h247-no

GhQ8ZaaMr6E6cMVd402aKPrInXz1fNtZFWOsHEzs1d84YkQGMC7MBsMqtyhB6GUIDH8CBqrtCJvi46-pT45Sb3vEs9f5hr6VCpBJurbAYXbbZstklcePIhNTOucxRaNqru-ue4VZ0cMU_Z1CNanlxlriBWxnrocp1BJ__4x4nEpbhv2N6jdCwrnzulWN4IJ59L1qY-1w4oqcGENhfIBcy1Yr7gtAc9V55AUxm5igg5i-kFwoqK3h4DA5ful-FIlFeGCgVcSy2XOUEnKU8ZIjMSWbmoUQsKrK-1Z4SXBHXEacczQrhgWt4nxbzEC0EzlPI56IUVktN5FQcPdI1soeuqmIxp-gCM-oCZx2MvcUlC8lF-sxpZ1_BvzGslh7NLhofJejlyIi2sjXwROMiD7RmL-OHLjWLz_1v1HkalagnQaFL2lD22ag8QyMdxini477OGen8EIKCjNraJxczb8chugpYGWfAjBVUdi5n-kWfKpaVAH1Zu5fLGqUaUmUJ6t7uLIN-6eQAqrs2iSe-orx64s3d7jDCBFejMnQiBys6HpCO6d67oMR7MvAwVGn27LHz92OhauTjsKA9sMyncq8U5fIcHW02-8cBTHOXofrnsRpZlKsnznIMP_uhd_542isn-zbTSkKnUZZf36UuR0s6It_XM7ZPqzU9Qdes-5gHvh3VmdNE1qEOCJu8DrZ9jM=w652-h824-no

ACtC-3dWvrcR5wXBxtyeTo0cYvpQmEaqfR17l3PTshcuA5LajIHyAOD2FUShXRQF2wXKmDnyeWjm9ydEpCqh6dB5kaI95Sz4mzQYxQ35-kt28Vfu0JZ5274A0_R2acLdroopngYZqy5Aw9s2pqr3UXeCuVrikg=w618-h824-no

Based on my pulling all the molded plastic off the old plug I cut off it doesn't quite tally up.
It was:
1 Blue/White 2 Blue (almost black!) 3 Green/White 4 n/a 5 n/a 6 Purple 7 Green 8 White #

I have wired it up to a new Male RJ45 as it was on the old plug, which I was satisfied look right until the support guy replied. They have pin 6 as Purple where as it was connected to 7 on mine. Does this make sense to anyone? Am I going to kill it connecting a potentially incorrectly wired POE device up to test it?

Thanks

Dave

Associate
I think I have cracked it thanks to H.Views excellent support. 4/5 and 7/8 are the positive and negative for the POE. 1,2,3 and 6 are the TX and RX.

Now wired up as:

1 Blue/White 2 Blue 3 Green/White 4 Purple 5 n/a 6 Green 7 N/A 8 White

Hopefully that sorts it!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom