Spec me a kick ass system that is also ^ green ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Man of Honour
I'm not sure why I'm posting in another one of your threads, but buying consumer electronics is just about the worst thing you can do if you're wanting to be environmentally friendly. The amount of waste that the production of electronics creates is just mad, have a google around!

It's akin to saying "How can I burn all these trees in the least environmentally damaging way?".

Associate
In terms of eco-friendliness, perhaps you could look at some longer-term things, not just the components? If you're serious about it, you could switch to a renewable energy supplier. If you don't already, get digitally distributed games. Try to make the rig last as long as you can.

It seems like you might have already chosen, but ITX mobos can be less power-hungry. Obviously no SLI though.

It's a very admirable goal, really good to see someone making eco-friendliness a priority!

Associate
OP
In terms of eco-friendliness, perhaps you could look at some longer-term things, not just the components? If you're serious about it, you could switch to a renewable energy supplier. If you don't already, get digitally distributed games. Try to make the rig last as long as you can.

It seems like you might have already chosen, but ITX mobos can be less power-hungry. Obviously no SLI though.

It's a very admirable goal, really good to see someone making eco-friendliness a priority!

Cleanthes thanks for recognizing how noble and great I am with this idea. People say am not so good but it appear that I am so good, as perhaps only a handful of people on this forum have made eco friendliness their priority.

Caporegime
Got ud3h z77 mboard. Now only i5 and m4 ssd left. I am feeling proud of my self to be so good at my first build in years.

I assume you realise that you're building a PC with the same components that many other users on this forum have used?

Have you bought yourself an 80+ Titanium rated power supply?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom