1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec me a Vacuum

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by Marky, May 7, 2019.

1. RedvGreen

Mobster

We have a Dyson V6 - had it a few years from when we lived in a small flat. Now we live in a house, there's a few more rooms to do. We've been using it twice a week since we moved in a few years ago, and I was happy with it - kept it clean, new filters every 6 months etc. Just two of us, no pets or kids. Then my parents lent me their Dyson Ball Upright which is a few years old and this was the result, directly after vacuuming with the Dyson V6...

[​IMG]

2. Webzta

Wise Guy

Another vote for Shark.

3. Megahurtz400

Sgarrista

Oh lordy now I feel dirty :o

Been meaning to borrow a friends Karcher Puzzi and think I need to get it organised :p

4. RedvGreen

Mobster

I was staggered and so was the missus!! I’m now in two minds over the next vacuum - v11 versus plugged in upright. Both have conflicting vacuum strength ratings.

5. vanpeebles

Soldato

We have a Charles living with us too :D

6. jpaul

Soldato

you've got to laugh at the psychology they try to employ in these bloody dyson tv adverts
    " Dyson V10 technology yours for only £350 "
    where do they get off, even Apple are a bit more subtle
    and when did the tech/value in a vacuum cleaner correspond to >half of a washing machine for example ? which could be picked up for £600, easily.

7. niko

Hitman

you seen the price of the new apple monitor stand makes even dyson look cheap

8. moon man

Wise Guy

ive got the shark liftaway love the way it comes to bits without searching for a cross head screwdriver i.e roller and brush and a little tool to get hairs out ,maybe there all like this these days !
    liftaway mode is geat for doing the car

9. Clov!s

Capodecina

Quick question, I've just bought the Miele classic junior from Hughes, was on offer for £129.

I've noticed that when you pull the cord out, it won't lock and the reel pulls the cable back in, is this a feature or is it broken?

10. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

broken. it should only go back in when you press the button

11. Clov!s

Capodecina

That should have been obvious to me as why would there be a button :D

12. Hilly

Don

13. Clov!s

Capodecina

Walked into Hughes, walked out 2 minutes later with a brand new replacement. :)

14. thenewoc

Mobster

We just bought a Vax Air Lift Pet Max, fraction of the cost of a Dyson and the fact you can lift the cyclonic part away from the upright makes it a better design for also being used on the stairs. For a £130 they're a complete steal.

15. PiKe

Capodecina

Quite like my shark liftaway, duoclean helps get pet hair out the carpet.

16. Snookums

Mobster

We have a Dyson dc25. Great thing the spinning head for carpets does an amazing job.

17. NoobCannon

Mobster

You replaced washable filters every months?

They dont need replacing

18. joelk2

Mobster

After a Dyson and a Vax which both have broke within 3 years I've gone for a Henry which I must admit seems to suck like a trooper. The cleaner seemed happy with my purchase too. Obviously it's early days with it but they seem to get glowing reviews and was a third of the price of the Dyson and half the price of the Vax I had previously.

19. james.miller

Capodecina

It'll fall apart. Wont seem like such a bargain then lol.

I literally broke the handle off our vac air3 pet - they arent built to last.

20. inogen

Mobster

I’ve got a Meile. Dunno if what model. It has a rotary dial. On full it lifts the carpets and sucks cat toys towards it across the floor. That said, that’s setting is supposed to be for hard floors and does overheat after a couple of minutes if used ruining carpets.