Spec me a wallet

Man of Honour
Got a custom Trove.

Best way innit.

_26A5517.jpg

Soldato
Can't stand coins in wallets, have to have 2 note sections (one for UK money and the other for receipts for expenses), then I like to carry lots of cards (main bank, backup bank, uk credit card, international credit card, business credit card) so like lots of card slots. Also like to keep my driving licence in it so a window bit is great.

After loads of looking I eventually got this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0771NWZNC - in the brown. Love it.

Caporegime
Lately I've been going commando, wallet wise.

I find wallet less of a purpose more and more.

All my bank cards are on my phone.

Some loyalty cards I can scan in with the app.

With those in mind the only cards I need is the debit card to withdraw cash if needed, Driving Licence. There are cards like Odeon Limitless and couple of store cards that is handy but not critical.

It feels weird sometimes heading out with no wallet with just my phone and keys and may be a £20 in my pocket. Unless I am making a large purchase my wallet stays at home.

Associate
I find wallet less of a purpose more and more.

All my bank cards are on my phone.

Some loyalty cards I can scan in with the app.

With those in mind the only cards I need is the debit card to withdraw cash if needed, Driving Licence. There are cards like Odeon Limitless and couple of store cards that is handy but not critical.

It feels weird sometimes heading out with no wallet with just my phone and keys and may be a £20 in my pocket. Unless I am making a large purchase my wallet stays at home.

I agree with you to some extent.

Although parking machines, independent shops, market stalls don't tend to have a way to pay via credit/debit card.

I went to pay for a parking ticket on Sunday only £2.20, ended up I had no change so ended up paying via phone which took about 20 minutes. Luckily I wasn't in any rush else I would have been screwed.

Caporegime
I agree with you to some extent.

Although parking machines, independent shops, market stalls don't tend to have a way to pay via credit/debit card.

I went to pay for a parking ticket on Sunday only £2.20, ended up I had no change so ended up paying via phone which took about 20 minutes. Luckily I wasn't in any rush else I would have been screwed.

Oh yeah, I have like 3 different parking apps on my phone because of this!

Soldato
OP
Bought a Cascade Wallet a few years ago, and never looked back. Best I've ever owned.

https://www.maniwonders.com/

That looks like an overly expensive secrid :confused: It's like twice the price and pretty much identical apart from secrid having an arguably better looking mechanism for popping up the cards, I mean it's nice looking but for the price compared to secrid it's expensive

Soldato
Not a fan of Trove wallets, I think they're a bit ugly with those canvas bits to the side of the leather. Just get a classic slim leather wallet or cardholder. Bellroy are a decent shout, as are Aspinal.

Back
Top Bottom