Spec me an ID Card please

Soldato
I fail to see the angst here about I.D. cards, what’s the big deal? It wouldn’t bother me.
All my French relatives have them, always have, my elder son who lives in Germany has one, as does every German.
My younger son had a Venezuelan girlfriend in his twenties, and they were mulling over moving to Madrid, and getting married, he was informed by the Spanish Consulate, that they’d both need I.D. cards to live permanently in Spain, he just shrugged.

Good luck with that if asked for I.D. at an airport.

You need a passport at an airport, which is an official document.

None of the "ID cards" being sold in the UK are official, so what's the difference between that and something you just made up to look professional yourself?. PASS is something made up by a company and you can't use it when you need to prove your ID for anything important anyway.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That's a bit of a leap for a thread that's primarily about needing reliable ID for collecting parcels when you don't have them delivered to home.

You are right of course, and I forgot the OPs original need, I just
reacted too fast to Nasher’s advice, I’ll go stand in the corner.

Soldato
Welcome to the 21st century! There's lots to love and like about it, but some things are unfortunately still a bit pants. At least you can now ID yourself into or out of any given situation, including in the wet :)

Back
Top Bottom