Spec me an LED Torch

No takers at CPF marketplace then for your P-Rocket?

I had two, I'v sold one and modded the other with a better regulated 2A single mode driver.

I cracked the other night and ordered the relativity new Zebralight H51 headlamp, look forward to owning a quality headlamp. 200 lumens OTF on a cell AA :)

I had two, I'v sold one and modded the other with a better regulated 2A single mode driver.

I can imagine it performs much better now with that new driver, the stock driver really lets down these lights.

Am really interested in buying a thrower now - Just not sure which one! An SST-50 emitter would be great with a deep reflector, however there aren't too many options at around £50 mark.

Last edited:
Half my family want torches for christmas now, after having a bulb go and using my TK12 shining at the white ceiling as a temp light. They were amazed that a tiny led can light a whole room up :D.

Don't think they will be getting a Fenix though, too expensive. I'll have to do a bit of research for a decent cheap torch.

The ITP Lights are hard to beat in terms of performance per pound spent.

No. Steer well clear of LED lenser torches.

If you can't stretch to the £45/£50 uk price of a Fenix or 4sevens Quark (which I'd highly recommend) then this would make a fine light, head and shoulders above the LED Lenser:-

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/itp/itp-sa1-eluma.html
http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/itp/itp-sa2-eluma.html

I've linked the single AA and double AA verions as you didn't say what size you preferred.

Both a shade over dalin80's budget at £32.95.

Reviews here:-

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=266073

THis thread, your post and the need for a better torch than my maglite has swayed me towards getting the SA2.

1 question though regarding terminology - is tailstanding for candle mode, which I woudl like to have and think the SA2 does?

1 question though regarding terminology - is tailstanding for candle mode, which I woudl like to have and think the SA2 does?

Tail standing is the ability for the torch to stand on its end with the head of the torch pointing upwards. When inside a room it is very useful as it allows the light to bounce off from the ceiling and illuminate the room evenly.

Tail standing is the ability for the torch to stand on its end with the head of the torch pointing upwards. When inside a room it is very useful as it allows the light to bounce off from the ceiling and illuminate the room evenly.

Thanks; thought as much. The discount code still works on that link too!

I own many torches and many brands of torches although some have been gifts to family etc
I have Led Lenser, Fenix, Nitecore, Olight, Zebra Light, Maglites, 4sevens, Black Diamond, Inova, Itp and Petzl's.
They all have difrent uses from camping, walking, cycling, working on the car, in the glove box, to doing deliveries at night.
Which ones are my go to lights mainly the Fenix's as they have perfect beams and good regulation/battery life and UI.
The light that gets used the least and infact no more is the Led lenser as it use 3 batteries (not two were can you buy 3 at a time batteries only come in 1,2 or 4 packs usualy)has no regulation and poor battery life to big for is output. That said it did serve me well and is well made even survied a spin in the washing machine, all the other barnds I have purchased since (except the mags) the Led lenser and put it to shame for build quality, output, UI, etc.

So to those that love thier Led lensers yes they are good but they are not great and much better lights have come out since that are better value for money and perform and function a lot better that is why they get put down when reviewed and talked about, even my mini Mag with a teralux drop in out perfom most led lensers.

This week I took delivery of the Zebralight H51.

It is incredible how much light it puts out on a single AA cell. The beam is a perfect mix of throw and spill, the UI is great allowing instant access to the highest or the lowest brightness mode. I think Zebralight have the market cornered with their single cell AA powered headlamps, no other company out there is pushing the boundaries with a single AA cell in such a small form factor as Zebralight. The H51 and the other range of headlamps from Zebralight can be used as a headlamp or removed from the headband and used as a stand alone light.

zebralighth51.jpg

zebralighth512.jpg

My favourite light.

Last edited:
I love my Zebra light H30 2 hours of full power is great but I still like my petzl as its tint is a bit nicer for depth perception.
The H30 is great for lighting up our cooking area when camping.

Im in the process of buying a MTE SF-15 SSC P7-D-SXO 4-Mode Memory 900-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650) Its only made in China but has MANY 9/10 reviews from around the world from indipendant reviwers. It doesnt use AA bats tho only 18650 (best to get rechargables) It has 900 Lumens (but a lot of reviwers say its more like 400-500) Im using it for early morning bike rides my self :)

Also.. it has a low price tag at £24. Ive pretty sure its been featured on the gadget show too! (not 100% sure about that tho :( )

Was it this one?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=195805

How is it?

Considering ordering from DX

Can anyone recommend a better torch with batteries and a charger for around the same £35 price mark?

Back
Top Bottom