Spec me an LED Torch

I would have had that if it had a tailstand on the rear! But it would have been a tough sell, I really love my limited edition stainless steel L2!

V3 drop-in on its way by the way :cool:

I will probably have the XML2 U2 4 mode for sale soon after. Will put up in MM if that happens.

Yeah it might be rated 1000 lumens but I guarantee it would be far far less :p

The Nitecore will definitely be the brighter light but as mentioned the distance the centrre spot throws will be greater on the C8 due to the reflector being bigger and deeper.

I received my nitecore EA41 today, but I couldn't really have it, as its a xmas present, but I did have a play about with it for a few mins, to check it worked properly, wasnt damage, ect.

I didnt really look at it too much, just a switch on and go though the modes. It seems like a much whiter light then my C8, as the C8 had a blue tint. Also to my amazement it remembered "turbo" mode, so if I turned it off in "turbo" it would come back on that mode. I was expecting it to come back on to "high" mode not "turbo"

I would say its deffo brighter then my C8 on turbo mode and as bright in high mode. I haven't used the C8 in a few months now, so not 100% sure about that. But the real test will be outside, as then I should be able to tell if it shines better then my C8 did, but will have to wait for xmas night for that:mad:

But with the little time I have had with it, it seems good, I haven't looked at the reflector straight on, but what I have seen of it its very shiny and clean. I wouldn't want to look at the reflector when its on in high or turbo mode though.

Last edited:
That does look nice, good runtime for 1 battery too.

Phil 200 8 that sounds good and seems just what you'd expect from it! I'm sure you'll find it brighter than the C8 though the C8 will throw a longer distance of course :)

Phil 200 8 that sounds good and seems just what you'd expect from it! I'm sure you'll find it brighter than the C8 though the C8 will throw a longer distance of course :)

Yeah on first glips of the AE41 it seems pretty good. Plus what drove me mad with my C8, everytime you switched it on it would go to the next mode, so before I turned it off, I would flick though the modes to get in onto medium, so the next time I switched it on it would be on high mode.

Also the EA41 is a bit like the old style of torch with the switches on the body instead of the tail cap, which I like. So that and the straight on and off without going through all the modes, it should be the perfect torch. Just hope it last longer then about 4weeks:p

It would be nice to have a body mounted button sometimes but most of the time I'm thankful it's on the tail based on how I have it clipped on to my backpack strap/camera strap or belt!

I was in B&Q the other day and came across a series of torches made by Active AP Pro.

They had a good quality feel to them, all metal body and came in various sizes and light intensity.

Never heard of Active AP Pro before, not sure if they are any good as a brand?

Back
Top Bottom