Spec me an LED Torch

Hello,

Hope you guys can help me out here... I've read the most recent few pages but I'm not sure I've got the commitment for the full 126! :)

I'm looking for a small (key ring/handbag size) torch for my partner. She's recently started a job and this often requires she'll be walking to/from home at night. She wanted a torch for a bit of safety/comfort.

Over two months ago I purchased a cheap one from Amazon as recommended on here:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IX87NII

The seller was AutoWQ

It's still not arrived despite two - apparently - having been despatched. Did others have better success with a different seller?

Can anybody recommend another torch? Ideally with a UK seller in order that it will arrive ASAP.

Thank you! :)

Of course I appreciate I'm unlikely to get something as good value for money as that despatched from the UK but that's not really a problem. So long as the price is not silly I don't mind, however I would like to get something ASAP. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the recommendations :) I'll show her both this evening and get an order placed. I guess if she wants pink it's the ThruNite, otherwise the Lenser. From where I'm coming from I'm pretty sure either will do. I doubt I'd have been willing to spend so little previously, it that were not the case :).

Why do people reconmend LED Lenser products?

It's almost as bad as the first response that says "Maglight" in a "what torch" thread :rolleyes:

Because unlike Maglite's LED Lenser's are great torches and have good support.

Assume you do not like them but that is your opinion not everyone's.

I have to stand up for Maglite and say that my 6 D cell with an LED dropin is actually a great torch that is fantastically built and has battery life that will outlive me!
I have a couple of Fenix torches and have had LED Lenser products too so have at least a little basis for comparison.

Had the model 1 notch above one the police use (forget for now) but its hungry on batts so got that rechargeable, It is only used for walking the dog in winter months. :)

Put it this way I have met many peeps out with dogs using a torch but none as bright as mines lol

Woe betide them if they shone theirs at my face, I simply put on the attack mode and it puts them into a fit. :D

Last edited:
Just an update.
My 6 cell D Maglite with the 3 led drop in is still workin on the original Duracell batteries. It is over 3 years since conversion now. Its the perfect home torch that always works :)
I also have a 4 cell Maglite with single led conversion that is working well after a similar time on the same Duracells. It's got a rubber protective top and lives in the garage.
I also have a Sky ray King which lives in the car. That is the brightest of the lot and on 4x18650 and is simply awesome. Provides near daylight over a long distance in any condition!

I have an AA led converted mag too, gets used less, but seems ok for bedside, household use
The Mrs has an Led Lenser keyring chain with Button cells, still works ok, but eats cells every 6 months.

Chinese single cell 18650 is a good workhorse when a small but powerful torch is needed. It's lasted a good few years now and has a good feel to it for short trips to the shops.

I have a selection of other small torches too, never have any problems with finding a torch in this house :)

I would say that for most people the Maglites make a great main torch they can always rely on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom