Spec me an LED Torch

hux

hux

Soldato
I'm not sure if this is the best thread, but i'm after a decent head torch for running. My only main criteria is that it needs to have a removable battery to allow me to carry a spare to meet certain event conditions.

I know Petzl/Silva are big in the running side, but didn't know if there were any others i should be looking at?

Nichron H25 is what I use and I love it, LH351d emitters so no shadows being cast, and fast usb c charging.

https://zeroair.org/2021/08/05/nicron-h25-headlamp-review/

Soldato
Light Emitting Projector. Like LED headlights on cars, just an LED bulb in inside a projector.

No.

LEP is a laser directed onto a phosphor which produces a bright white light. It is very good at being focused into a tight beam.

LEP = Laser Excited Phosphor

Underboss
Nichron H25 is what I use and I love it, LH351d emitters so no shadows being cast, and fast usb c charging.

https://zeroair.org/2021/08/05/nicron-h25-headlamp-review/

sorry i dont know where the original question is for me to quote

Running lights - I did have a Decathlon one that goes on your chest, front and back, i found that good, id rather have that always pointing forwards (for cars approaching) than on your head

hux

hux

Soldato
sorry i dont know where the original question is for me to quote

Running lights - I did have a Decathlon one that goes on your chest, front and back, i found that good, id rather have that always pointing forwards (for cars approaching) than on your head

See what I quoted, on the right of the username there's an arrow that'll take you to the original quote.

Last edited:
Soldato

thing is you can look at the car though and they see you faster ... and might turn off the main beams,
you could buy a chest mount anyway ... and a head torch is useul for many other tasks.

I'd like a remote to have inside mittens, to adjust the power, or if you could shake/nod your head to change mode

Man of Honour
I have mini covered with the Olight S1R Baton II which has been very useful on bike rides, walks at night etc and run times seem pretty good too. Only reason I think I'd change to something similar size is to get either USB-C charging or wireless charging I guess as the Olight magnetic USB connector is a bit of faff to keep carrying around etc.

1yma5tJ.jpg

Soldato
I'm a newb and looking for a torch for 1hr long walks on semi-rural public footpaths.

Been looking at the following options:
  • Astrolux EC03
  • Astrolux EA01S
  • Astrolux EC06
Any thoughts on these?

Out of them 3 I would go with the EA01S, for me (I own one) the 06 would be too heavy to carry for an hour at a time.

Soldato
You can get a Thrunite TC20 on Amazon at the moment with a 30% discount taking it down to £41 and comes with a battery, no waiting about for chinese deliveries as you can have it tomorrow.

Thanks. That looks a good choice. I particularly like the idea of turbo running for 130mins.

I'm not too keen on the micro USB though, and I do really like the Astrolux features like candle/bike/thunder mode.

Which of the Astrolux range would you recommend?

Soldato
Thanks. That looks a good choice. I particularly like the idea of turbo running for 130mins.

I'm not too keen on the micro USB though, and I do really like the Astrolux features like candle/bike/thunder mode.

Which of the Astrolux range would you recommend?

The EA01S 4 x XPH50.2

Turbo wouldn't of ran for 130 mins, same with all lights it'll run for a min or two on turbo and then start to ramp down until it settles on a sustained output.

Man of Honour
Recently picked up an Olight Warrior Mini 2 in the sales

Love my Olights - so far build quality, robustness and functionality is second to none - the only issue I've seen/had with them is the strap on many models seems to be joined to the case with a thin thread which breaks pretty easily - fortunately changed mine when I saw it start to wear quickly but seen a couple of people lose their fancy new Olights when that parted ways unexpectedly. Which is something to watch out for with them.

Back
Top Bottom