Spec me

Soldato
Hey all.

So the Mazda 3 has to go due to whatever reasons.

I'm looking for a car that will fulfil my needs come sept when I change from a 50mile per day commute to a 9 miles per day commute.

So the criteria:
- Petrol
- 200BHP+
- 5 doors
- 2010 or newer
- less than 60k miles.
- NOT ford.

Budget of £6.5k - £7.0k

What can I get?

Soldato
Will I be the first to say you should have just got the MPS in the first place like everyone said ? :p Rather than wasting however much money you have on this diesel.
Can I ask why not Ford? And why has it got to be at least 2010? Most hot hatches are going to be older than that for your budget!

Soldato
You're going to struggle for the money with the age requirement for a hot hatch - about the only thing that might creep in is an Octavia vrs which i couldn't recommend less after mine tbh

I guess you might get close to an fn2 but not enough doors - can't really think of anything else

bJN

bJN

Soldato
A very quick search on autotrader with your criteria returns a couple of Mondeos, Alfas and Subarus with a token Vauxhall Insignia thrown in and one or two Peugeot 308s. Take your pick.

Or alternatively, shorten it down to a few models you're actually interested in, ask for opinions on those and maybe, just maybe listen to that input this time...

Soldato
that age requirement is going to be your killer, whats wrong with cars from before 2010? they don't magically transform into rattling deathtraps after 7 years if it's a good make and has been looked after.

Don
Soldato
OP
Unfortunately the MPs goes for around 9+ for a non abused example that's had its vvt done.

I just don't like fords. Bad experience with the brand.

Regarding the age requirement, i find that most pre 2010 to look boreing and lacking the toys i want.

Back
Top Bottom