Spec me

Soldato
Unfortunately the MPs goes for around 9+ for a non abused example that's had its vvt done.

I just don't like fords. Bad experience with the brand.

Regarding the age requirement, i find that most pre 2010 to look boreing and lacking the toys i want.

which toys specifically? if its things like bluetooth integration, dab radio or satnav then the aftermarket can fix that for you.

Soldato
OP
which toys specifically? if its things like bluetooth integration, dab radio or satnav then the aftermarket can fix that for you.
Oh I'm well aware those can be added later. Did that using an android head unit on my car.
Mainly cruise control and parking sensors.

Also not all cars can have a 3rd party head unit fitted. Which is a shame.

I'm looking at some 2009 Astra vxrs
Anyone know much about them?

Soldato
Oh I'm well aware those can be added later. Did that using an android head unit on my car.
Mainly cruise control and parking sensors.

Also not all cars can have a 3rd party head unit fitted. Which is a shame.

depends on the brand, but cruise control has been around for ages and parking sensors have been on cars since the early 2000's, if you find something nicely specced it'll have em. mine for example is from '05 and has cruise control and front/rear parking sensors, there was an option for adaptive cruise control and even lane assist back then (although not sure i'd trust lane assist software from 2005 :p )

i know what you mean about limitations for 3rd party, can be tricky for some brands, but a bit of research before buying should cure that.

Last edited:
Don
Soldato
200bhp+ requirement is daft anyway - such an arbitrary figure, it's not like you should be immediately discount a car with only 197bhp, or that a "heavy" car with 200bhp would be a good choice
Oh, I agree. I do enjoy a spec me criteria that basically eliminates all bar about 6 cars in the country though :p

Caporegime
200bhp+ requirement is daft anyway - such an arbitrary figure, it's not like you should be immediately discount a car with only 197bhp, or that a "heavy" car with 200bhp would be a good choice
Yip. I've pointed that out before on here. A 175 hp mx5 is going to be waaaaay quicker than a 175 hp a6

Soldato
Yip. I've pointed that out before on here. A 175 hp mx5 is going to be waaaaay quicker than a 175 hp a6
Not really a 2.0 Tfsi A6 despite being a massive barge hits 60 in 8.2 seconds with 168bhp whereas a Mx5 of the same age with the 2.0 and 158bhp takes 7.9 seconds to 60 that's a 0.3 second difference.
On a motorway the A6 would actually be quicker due to having double the amount of torque

Soldato
Not really a 2.0 Tfsi A6 despite being a massive barge hits 60 in 8.2 seconds with 168bhp whereas a Mx5 of the same age with the 2.0 and 158bhp takes 7.9 seconds to 60 that's a 0.3 second difference.
On a motorway the A6 would actually be quicker due to having double the amount of torque
This is somewhat irrelevant, especially considering the MX5 will probably require 3 gearchanges to hit 60mph.

Soldato
How is it? He said an Mx5 with the same power would be way quicker than a barge Like an A6 when there is only 0.3 seconds in it when comparing the two thanks to torque and gear ratios

Soldato
How is it? He said an Mx5 with the same power would be way quicker than a barge Like an A6 when there is only 0.3 seconds in it when comparing the two thanks to torque and gear ratios

Because using 0-60 as the only way of measuring a car's performance is silly. Power-to-weight ratio speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom