Speck me a £400 basic gaming PC

Associate
Yea it will be with him tomorrow it is a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 ITX 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E he will have no problems about gpu size.

cannot post competitor link so yeah.

Am glad that he is grateful ;).

Sorry about how bold this text is and size i don't know how to get it smaller.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea it will be with him tomorrow it is a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 ITX 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E .

cannot post competitor link so yeah.
Looks like @HXSVN hit the jackpot with this thread - you owe @lltfdaniel a few drinks.

@lltfdaniel - you've always come across as a decent, respectful forum member - and the above is an incredible generous act. However, I wouldn't make a habit of this as you'll find that you'll get 'begging/hint posts' and my concern is that you'll find it hard to decline due to your obvious generous nature. :)

I'm not telling you how to spend your money/act (your money, your decisions etc) - it's just a friendly heads up for the future. But again kudos - it's great to see a random act of generosity to a new member who you don't even know.

Enjoy your good fortune @HXSVN - and make sure you get a decent PSU for what is now a very respectable core build.

Associate
Looks like @HXSVN hit the jackpot with this thread - you owe @lltfdaniel a few drinks.

@lltfdaniel - you've always come across as a decent, respectful forum member - and the above is an incredible generous act. However, I wouldn't make a habit of this as you'll find that you'll get 'begging/hint posts' and my concern is that you'll find it hard to decline due to your obvious generous nature. :)

I'm not telling you how to spend your money/act (your money, your decisions etc) - it's just a friendly heads up for the future. But again kudos - it's great to see a random act of generosity to a new member who you don't even know.

Enjoy your good fortune @HXSVN - and make sure you get a decent PSU for what is now a very respectable core build.

I really appreciate your stand point.

Yeah well with me it is me who consults not the other way round, if someone asked me to give free things i wouldn't do it regarding the hint or begging posts.

I fully understand i could be taken advantage of, this is also where my family concern is.

Associate
OP

@lltfdaniel knows where I work, he can always come down - anytime.

I hope he doesnt feel as if I am taking advantage of him at all. If so, I wouldnt not be comfortable at all and would return the item immediately.

Im buying all parts except the PSU from a competitors website due to having a gift card there. The PSU will be from OCUK, the one you recommended above. Is that good enough for this system?

Associate
@lltfdaniel knows where I work, he can always come down - anytime.

I hope he doesnt feel as if I am taking advantage of him at all. If so, I wouldnt not be comfortable at all and would return the item immediately.

Im buying all parts except the PSU from a competitors website due to having a gift card there. The PSU will be from OCUK, the one you recommended above. Is that good enough for this system?

I see it as it really is, anyways no i don't feel your taking advantage whatsoever after all this is all of my doing absolutely all of it.

You haven't begged or hinted none of those things, so it is cool with me.

If you want to send the gpu to me well that is fine but i want you to have a decent pc and use the gpu.

Just a show of appreciation which is good enough for me ;).

I just come out of the deep blue and give.

Soldato
I'm sure he doesn't and my posts aren't directed at you in anyway - you've come across equally well intentioned - you even tried to decline the offer - no hint of taking advantage - kudos to you too.

The above was just a friendly heads up for the future for @lltfdaniel - as not everyone on here deserves such good fortune. Enjoy it, both of you - like i said it's great to see/witness that there's still decent people around.

Yes, it's on offer too at the moment so it's a bargain.

Soldato
So yea when the parcel comes and people at your work place go whats this?

Just say it is for you since i used your overclockers username and used it as the name on the parcel.
Lol, a parcel addressed to HXSVN - they'll probably think it's a flu virus strain and evacuate the building :)

Soldato
Do I need any solvent/pastes/glues? If so, which one. My friend mentioned a thermal paste?
No, the stock cooler comes with pre-applied paste.

You would only need extra paste and a cleaner if you make a mistake fixing - but it's very straight forward. Fix CPU/Heatsink to motherboard before installing the motherboard into the case - far easier and gives you something to hold onto when installing the MB.

Associate
Anyways me knowing your questions about custom pc or pc building,

Since your new with your newbie questions, i like to point this out.

The parts you get, you will find it accommodates for everything you will need, it isn't always like this like for instance if you went with a certain amd processor it won't come with a heat shink fan whereas the non x versions do, Plec will look after you on this one, by point out this and that which would be better than myself.

Anyways, at this moment in time the gtx 1060 has been dispatched and will be with you tomorrow.

Associate
They attempted to deliver the parcel at his business address and it now says that they attempted so i presume he doesn't have the parcel around about 11am.

Anyways if they ask for a code it is 1234.

A problem has occurred.
An attempt was made to deliver your package. Please follow the instructions on the attempted delivery notice or contact the carrier for next steps.

edit HXSVN say's nobody came to his business address which is strange.

edit HXSVN has all the pc parts he needs only missing a gpu and i have said sorry about the delivery problem and said i'd send the gtx 970 when i get my money back from the gtx 1060, we both don't really know why it couldn't be delivered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom