Spider-Man (PS4)

Soldato
I'm loving the look of the game so far but the pricing on new titles has reinforced my resolve not to buy anything on release even further, especially all the DLC coming out.

I know what you mean, and I wasn't going to, but then I somehow ended up ordering it from Amazon this morning with evening delivery so will be here tonight... :)

Sometimes it's nice to experience a game at the same time as everyone else when it's new, podcasts are talking about it, lots of posts on the sites I visit etc., I didn't bite with the new Far Cry and the buzz has died and new stuff will be coming so I'll probably just skip it entirely now.

Associate
Yeah Spider-Man is like the other Sony AAA’s in that it’s released playing like a dream from
the get-go. No pesky patches needed for the next year until it plays properly!

Soldato
Yeah Spider-Man is like the other Sony AAA’s in that it’s released playing like a dream from
the get-go. No pesky patches needed for the next year until it plays properly!

I took my PS4 offline just so I could actually play the game last night and not have to wait for the inevitably massive patches to download on my shoddy broadband connection (no fibre here unfortunately), was impressed, look and plays great, the combat was quite challenging and am sure it'll be even better once I get into the rhythm of it.

Soldato
OP
Marvel's 'Spider-Man' for PlayStation 4 swings to a record-breaking opening

The popular comic-book superhero's recent resurgence has expanded beyond cinemas and into the world of video games, with the wallcrawler's latest self-titled game selling a record 3.3 million copies in the first three days of its release earlier this month.
One million copies were pre-ordered, another record for Sony.

That figure also does not factor in sales of the company's limited edition PlayStation 4 Pro bundle that combines a special Spider-Man version of the console with a copy of the game for $399.99.

V F

V F

Soldato
Well deserved, superb game. Nearing the end now I think and it’s a treat to play and admire the pro punching well above its weight.

Agreed.

It could get even better for Spider-Man and Sony next month. While the new game doesn't feature any online game modes, Sony has already announced it will be releasing three downloadable stories beginning in October.

Known as a bundle called "The City That Never Sleeps," each update will add new stories, characters and Spider-Man suits to the existing game. The first update, called "The Heist," releases Oct. 23 and features popular Spider-Man character Felicia Hardy, also known as the Black Cat.

Cannot wait.

I wouldn't mind the Raimi suit.

Soldato
I took my PS4 offline just so I could actually play the game last night and not have to wait for the inevitably massive patches to download on my shoddy broadband connection (no fibre here unfortunately), was impressed, look and plays great, the combat was quite challenging and am sure it'll be even better once I get into the rhythm of it.

To the best of my knowledge, patches aren't a requirement.
You merely have to click past a screen that says you can't go online in the game until you patch.
No need for taking the PS4 offline.

Soldato
To the best of my knowledge, patches aren't a requirement.
You merely have to click past a screen that says you can't go online in the game until you patch.
No need for taking the PS4 offline.

Yeah you're right, once it started downloading I was still able to run it, I'm sure I used to get stuck waiting behind the patch download, maybe this changed in a system update a while back and I never noticed.

Soldato
So got a copy of the game, and I am addicted - Really enjoying it, it is just fun and webswinging is simplistic and fun too! :D I am even enjoying all the "mini side game missions" Pigeons, rucksacks, landmarks etc.... The main story so far is pretty engaging too, I am 50% completed so can see my 100% this!

Soldato
What's the best way to deal with enemies with guns? When you are taking over warehouses and stuff I am getting torn apart in the waves, the fighting is understandable by dodging, but fire arms they just take free shots?? Am I doing something wrong, not to mention the RPGs and those japaenes katana thingies?! Ive tried the bullet proof suit but that has to be charged first?

Soldato
What's the best way to deal with enemies with guns? When you are taking over warehouses and stuff I am getting torn apart in the waves, the fighting is understandable by dodging, but fire arms they just take free shots?? Am I doing something wrong, not to mention the RPGs and those japaenes katana thingies?! Ive tried the bullet proof suit but that has to be charged first?

Dodge more, bullets are easy to avoid, rockets are a pain due to the splash damage so try to take them out first.

The key to combat is to stay in the air as much as possible (use the attacks that launch enemies as well as the swing kick once in the air).

If you level up a bit you can get upgrades that let you pull the weapons off enemies as well as one that lets you instantly takedown gun enemies if you dodge perfectly.

In terms of suits, early on you either want the one that charges your power meter or there is a pretty overpowered one that slings webs everywhere that can take out a whole crowd.

V F

V F

Soldato

Do you have the skill to rip the guns out of their hands? If not you have to time the firing, then take them out or swing into them. Same applies for the guys with rockets.

As well as sliding through their legs. It causes them to wobble.

In a way it's very similiar to the Shadow of Mordor games. Assess the worst enemies and pick them off in order to make it easier.

Caporegime
I'm nearing the end now and I can see the criticism that some of it is very samey

If I was to compare it to the Arkham games, it's probably most like Arkham: Origins if I'm honest!

85% complete and doing a lot of the same sort of stuff I was doing near the start of the game

Also I can't believe they released the cutscene where the sinister six come together ahead of the games launch date. That happens right near the end of the game!

Soldato

Git gud !!
Ok, sorry, couldn't help it. :D

There's people that'll tell you certain power-ups to go for and for sure there's some strong ones out there, but really, dodge is your friend.
Learn the timings and don't be afraid to stop hitting someone if it'll mean you get out of the way of bullets and rockets.
And as you learn more skills, like has been mentioned the instant kill after a dodge, and grabbing rockets out of the air and other cool stuff, one day soon you'll be wondering how it was you even ever took a single hit in a fight ;)

Soldato
I bought a PS4 Pro second hand just to play this game, already got 100% and LVL 50 on it, though some of the taskmaster challenges are tough so ive not got enough tokens to unlock all the suits sadly. i just cant do the drones well enough, frustrating, but the rest of the game has been great fun. Looking fwd to the DLC.

Soldato
I thought it would require Ultimate on the tasks and to also have unlocked everything as well as all the Benchmarks and secret photos etc... but ive still to find 5 secret photo spots and several benchmarks to finish to lvl 3. But when launch the game and it asks what save to load, it shows 100% at the top.

Back
Top Bottom