Spiderman Sony\Marvel "fallout"

Man of Honour
I must have really missed out on the whole MCU hype. I mean, I’ve seen most of them but I was never aware that there was a huge following of adults that really liked them. Mostly watchable with a few notable highlights. The only really good ones were Iron Man 1, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and Infinity Wars, IMO. Others were mostly fun but I have no desire to rewatch them.

Some adults have a serious nostalgia for them though. Have spoken to a few that have gushed at how amazing it was that they were all interconnected “in a way that had never been done before!!!” - maybe so but I never thought it was an ‘acclaimed’ thing. Dunno, just surprised me!

Soldato
not really fussed as nothing is ever going to come as close as that span of films from Iron Man through to End Game, the bar has been set so high it's never going to be met so everything is just going to be "meh" from now on

Man of Honour
not really fussed as nothing is ever going to come as close as that span of films from Iron Man through to End Game, the bar has been set so high it's never going to be met so everything is just going to be "meh" from now on

You do wonder how they will top that saga. Especially now two of the biggest characters, well arguably three are all dead or written out. I'm a huge Marvel nerd so I'm excited regardless, but I just do not see how they can get close to the Infinity Stones story

Soldato
Think it's a shame as I love the Spiderman character and it felt with Holland and incorporated into the wider story that we might eventually get some decent Spidey films after a load of garbage.

I'll stick with the comics and tbh I don't really watch MCU like I did in the early days so not the worst news. They'll probably settle on some deal as they both lose out on this.

Caporegime
Spider-Man 1, 2, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and venom say hello all good to great movies spider-man 3 was ok

haven't seen the amazing spider man movies

Spiderman 1 was ok, 2 was good. Venom was utter crap and Into the Spiderverse was good. However two of those are 15 years ago. The amazing spider man's were poor.

Associate
The directors of Sony should learn from the success of Into the spiderverse and the Spiderman PS4 game by Insomniac.
Though Tom Holland probably does want to be in the MCU still but i'm sure he will be open to tackling the spiderverse now, he is under Sony contract from day 1 and he has also signed up for Uncharted movie which is also a Sony project so I don't think he has anything against working with Sony as company.

Soldato
I'm guessing its the same,muppet who thought he would get the same deal again. Thats one way to kill an ip. Who is going to see a Spidy film now?. Isn't it a case if they don't use the up every so many years it lapses?. Maybe marvel can just wait them out.

What do you mean "who is going to see a spiderman movie now"?he is literally the most iconic and most popular marvel character.

Soldato
What do you mean "who is going to see a spiderman movie now"?he is literally the most iconic and most popular marvel character.
One that now is going to get a soft reboot into another universe that has nothing going for it right now, and will have no interaction with all the other MCU characters, also jsut ripped out of a good credits ending. And..well..Sony.

Associate
One that now is going to get a soft reboot into another universe that has nothing going for it right now, and will have no interaction with all the other MCU characters, also jsut ripped out of a good credits ending. And..well..Sony.
Spiderman can easily stand in its own universe, he probably has more villains than all of the other superheroes and the post credit scene can easily lead him into his own direction or back into the Avengers.
If you're Spiderman fan we should be excited, we may finally get the Spiderman "maybe" & venom vs Sinister Six or something or the Spiderman vs Venom Vs Carnage movie.
The Vulture was suppose to be a Sony selected villain for Amazing Spiderman 3.

Seeing as we have Morbius and Kraven standalone movie in development then we could very well see the Sinister Six movie featuring the Vulture and if
Mysterio faked his death

If it all fails then Sony could strike another deal with Disney and bring him back in MCU when the next Avenger movies start as a more experience Spiderman.

Man of Honour
Apparently a new deal is in the works now.

6 more movies with Tom Holland, options for a 7th. (4 spider-man films and 2 Avengers movies)
Marvel/Sony co-finance. Marvel get 30% of the profits and Sony get the other 70%
Sony distribute and Disney have exclusive digital and online rights.
Marvel co-finance all live action Spider-verse properties.
Venom rebooted into the MCU.

Soldato

There's an interesting opinion going round that Venom did so well because everyone bar the hardcore fans thought it was somehow an MCU movie. It got bums on seats that otherwise wouldn't have bothered. Tom Hardy probably helped a lot too, though I didn't think too much of his perpetually bemused performance.

Back
Top Bottom