Spiderman

Caporegime
Something I've noticed when playing is that it's fine for approx. 2 hours, and then performance starts to tank for no obvious reason.

Got Afterburner monitoring temps, clock speeds, memory usage etc in case something was getting too hot and throttling, but no issues there. 12900k CPU is running at 70°C and 3090 GPU is at 65°Cish

RAM usage is reported to be about 16GB, but I have 32GB of DDR5
VRAM usage is showing at 12GB but I have 24GB

I honestly don't know what's causing it. The only thing I haven't monitored is SSD temperatures but I doubt that's it. Must surely be something with the game or Nvidia drivers?

Caporegime
Something I've noticed when playing is that it's fine for approx. 2 hours, and then performance starts to tank for no obvious reason.

Got Afterburner monitoring temps, clock speeds, memory usage etc in case something was getting too hot and throttling, but no issues there. 12900k CPU is running at 70°C and 3090 GPU is at 65°Cish

RAM usage is reported to be about 16GB, but I have 32GB of DDR5
VRAM usage is showing at 12GB but I have 24GB

I honestly don't know what's causing it. The only thing I haven't monitored is SSD temperatures but I doubt that's it. Must surely be something with the game or Nvidia drivers?

A few people have been reporting that over on reddit, including 6950xt owners, sounds like a game issue. I haven't played for more than a hour at most so haven't encountered any issues.

V F

V F

Soldato
A few people have been reporting that over on reddit, including 6950xt owners, sounds like a game issue. I haven't played for more than a hour at most so haven't encountered any issues.

Ironic that this was how God of War started out. Until eventually they fixed the crashing issues.

Caporegime
I forgot how naff all the side missions are in this. So much busy work.

The Arkham Knight games had much better side missions IMO.

Arkham City went a bit OTT with the riddler question marks though.

Soldato
K+Mouse works perfectly !!, I was hopeless on the PS4 version.

Game runs silky smooth ultrawide and looks fantastic defo worth a punt !

The PC version people keep talking about keyboard and mouse, but this seems like a game you'd want to play with a controller...

...How is it with xbox series x pad via BT on PC?

Soldato
The PC version people keep talking about keyboard and mouse, but this seems like a game you'd want to play with a controller...

works fine

How to use your Xbox Series X controller on PC via Bluetooth
  1. Turn on your Xbox controller by holding down the Xbox button.
  2. Press the Pairing button to begin the Bluetooth pairing process.
  3. Press the Start button on your PC.
  4. Then select Settings, then Devices, then Bluetooth & other devices.
  5. Turn on Bluetooth.

Associate
I forgot how naff all the side missions are in this. So much busy work.

The Arkham Knight games had much better side missions IMO.

Arkham City went a bit OTT with the riddler question marks though.

Totally agree. The main story aside, everything else is very repetitive and uninspired. Insomniac have nailed the traversal system, graphics and combat but the side-quests and other activities need to be more handcrafted and varied. I honestly think this game is almost a proof of concept ; I fully expect Spider-man 2 to fulfill Insomniac's vision for this IP.

Soldato
Totally agree. The main story aside, everything else is very repetitive and uninspired. Insomniac have nailed the traversal system, graphics and combat but the side-quests and other activities need to be more handcrafted and varied. I honestly think this game is almost a proof of concept ; I fully expect Spider-man 2 to fulfill Insomniac's vision for this IP.

This is where Witcher 3 shines, and shows up many games for their lack of story telling and decent missions.

The side quests, all individual, fleshed out, and interesting (IMO).

It sets the benchmark for me, and many titles still don't live up to it.

Man of Honour

This is where Miles Morales come in, it builds much more on these weaker elements.

This is where Witcher 3 shines, and shows up many games for their lack of story telling and decent missions.

The side quests, all individual, fleshed out, and interesting (IMO).

It sets the benchmark for me, and many titles still don't live up to it.

Even their own titles don’t live up to it.

V F

V F

Soldato

It's exactly like God of War. Too many button combos for keyboard where gamepad it's all at fingertips.

Soldato
Indeed. With more PS titles coming over to PC I'd like to try it I think. Can't see myself ever buying a Playstation.

I've been wondering the same, I don't really use a controller very often and currently just have a wired 360 one, but I'd be tempted to invest if it makes a real difference to the experience. Though I guess the PS5 controller won't be as easily compatible with other games.

Back
Top Bottom