***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

Soldato
Can't believe Arsenal went from challenging United for the title to the possibility of finishing 13 points behind them and in 4th place :confused:

After beating United as well!

They really have utterly capitulated.

If that was pepe, fergie or morinho in wengers position in there respective clubs, the clubs wouldnt have waited 6 years before sacking them.

Theirs a reason why top clubs usually stay at the top or near abouts. not only do they have the funds to buy players but they also not afraid to axe the manager after a season or two of rubbish.

Arsenal have become a ****ing joke. God knows how people can still defend wenger

Soldato
Golden boot aside, congratulations to Joe Hart for tonight winning the Golden glove. Hopefully another clean sheet on the last game of the season to add to his tally. Made some truly world class saves this season.

If only we hadn't been playing with Woy for a manager for half+ the season :(
IIRC, pepe was 7-8 CS's behind when Kenny came in.

Soldato
Golden boot aside, congratulations to Joe Hart for tonight winning the Golden glove. Hopefully another clean sheet on the last game of the season to add to his tally. Made some truly world class saves this season.

Haha, I thought only Liverpool fans cared about the Golden Glove award (as Alpherah duly demonstrated). Talk about scraping the barrel.

Soldato
I had actually wondered about Hernandez/Berb and goal scoring and was going to ask if Utd fans who seem inlove with Hernandez and not too fussed about berbatov, if they realised Berbatov had a better goals/minutes ratio than Hernandez?

It still annoys me that Berba doesn't play, especially for example against Blackburn when you know they're gonna play a stupidly deep defensive line you want Berba's strength, ability to hold the ball and creativity rather than Hernandez's pace which is all but irrelevant.

Meh.

Soldato
If that was pepe, fergie or morinho in wengers position in there respective clubs, the clubs wouldnt have waited 6 years before sacking them.

Theirs a reason why top clubs usually stay at the top or near abouts. not only do they have the funds to buy players but they also not afraid to axe the manager after a season or two of rubbish.

Arsenal have become a ****ing joke. God knows how people can still defend wenger
Do you play any other tunes?

Soldato
Its just as important as the golden boot.
Lets give United WesHam's defence and keeper and see where that gets them.

It's just not. I didn't even know VdS won the award in 2008/09 until I just saw it on Wikipedia. The best bit is when you google "Golden Glove" the first search suggestion is "Golden Glove Liverpool".

Not to mention the pointlessness of awarding it to a keeper and not recognising the back four. When VdS won it in 08/09 I bet he had fewer shots on target to deal with than any other keeper in the league.

Soldato

Actually I'd say the exact opposite, the only reason why big clubs that do change their managers every couple of years do stay at the top is solely based on the players they have and the ones that can buy. Consistent success has been proved by sticking with a manager

Soldato
Actually I'd say the exact opposite, the only reason why big clubs that do change their managers every couple of years do stay at the top is solely based on the players they have and the ones that can buy. Consistent success has been proved by sticking with a manager

Explain barcelona then? They usualy stick with a manager for 3-4 years and ship them off again.

And what about arsenal then? 6 years sticking with wenger and where is the consistancy? have we won anything yet by sticking by wenger for 6 years? have we even come runners up in the league?

Look at chelsea, they chop and change managers every year. always finish in the top 2 and have won loads of trophies.

Soldato
Is there a growing argument for Arsenal to change manager? Unfortunately, yes.

Does that require jonneymendoza to post "wenger is a joke he needs to go NOW" every five minutes in this thread? Nope, not really.

I don't think Kroenke reads OcUK, I'm afraid.

He'll be reading the financial documents when the attendance starts dropping dramatically.

keep up the trophyless season and wenger at the elm making same mistakes year after year and watch the attendance drop dramatically and poof there goes the £££ out the window

Soldato
Explain barcelona then? They usualy stick with a manager for 3-4 years and ship them off again.

And what about arsenal then? 6 years sticking with wenger and where is the consistancy? have we won anything yet by sticking by wenger for 6 years? have we even come runners up in the league?

Look at chelsea, they chop and change managers every year. always finish in the top 2 and have won loads of trophies.

Barcelona - look at the players at their disposal, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pique, Busquets etc etc, most half decent managers could win trophies there with those players at their disposal.

Chelsea - they went 2 seasons without winning the title after they sacked Mourinho going through 3 managers during that time. During those season they sneaked 2nd after Arsenal being United's main rivals for much of the 07/08 season and finished 3rd the season after.

Arsenal - whilst they may have not won trophies under Wenger they have consistently finished in the top 4, given the progression of Spurs, Liverpool recently and City who's to say that if you sack Wenger you wont fall out of the top 4 now?

Soldato
He'll be reading the financial documents when the attendance starts dropping dramatically.

keep up the trophyless season and wenger at the elm making same mistakes year after year and watch the attendance drop dramatically and poof there goes the £££ out the window
Welp, guess you needn't bother with the constant anti-Wenger posts if that's going to happen then. :)

Man of Honour

I hate wenger and the way our club is being run, but one things for sure, we will ALWAYS have a sell-out crowd.

Soldato
Barcelona - look at the players at their disposal, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pique, Busquets etc etc, most half decent managers could win trophies there with those players at their disposal.

Chelsea - they went 2 seasons without winning the title after they sacked Mourinho going through 3 managers during that time. During those season they sneaked 2nd after Arsenal being United's main rivals for much of the 07/08 season and finished 3rd the season after.

Arsenal - whilst they may have not won trophies under Wenger they have consistently finished in the top 4, given the progression of Spurs, Liverpool recently and City who's to say that if you sack Wenger you wont fall out of the top 4 now?

we have easily fallen out of the top 3 this season ahd spurs not fluffed as bad as us. 3 wins since CC final is not top 4 form mate. how else did u think city catched us?

Caporegime
Not to mention the pointlessness of awarding it to a keeper and not recognising the back four. When VdS won it in 08/09 I bet he had fewer shots on target to deal with than any other keeper in the league.

Could say the same about the golden boot not recognising the creative force behind the striker.

They're both silly to pay attention to and only clubs that don't win other things focus on them.

Back
Top Bottom