***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

Caporegime
arsena lplay fulham and city play bolton . arsenal may get there as fulham look a little easier than bolton. but then again arsenal are on a bad run

Fulham are playing FAR better football than Bolton at the moment, but for Hangelands worst ever game against Liverpool they've been generally very good since they got some strikers fit.

Hughes was at city, and before and is now a great manager. I've never seen the calmness he showed mid season around the relegation spots, asked if worried he was just saying along the lines of. We're there as basically every striker is injured, we'll get Zamora, Dembele, Johnson back and shoot up the table, and so they did.

The thing that makes Dalglish's "turn around" look less impressive is Everton and Fulham have done the exact same thing as Liverpool with massively weaker teams.

Fulham have won twice as many league games since Jan as Bolton.

If there aren't major changes in the summer I will turn into Drunkenmaster.

There won't be major changes, I've pointed out time and time again, its NOT that Wenger doesn't want to spend, or won't try and fix the problem, its that he's never been able to correctly identify the problem.

He literally said as much after the Stoke loss "I don't know what went wrong". Its not that he won't spend money to replace Denilson, the problem was he never thought Denilson needed replacing.

He keeps buying strikers to play as wingers, because maybe two players have done this effectively. He keeps buying players for a 4-4-2 formation but playing a 4-5-1.

You can't fix a problem you can't see, and Wenger has shown for 6 years now that he can't see the problem.

I mean, Chamakh, 4mil a year, probably well over a 1mil signing bonus, when he wants to play 4-5-1 and has 3 strikers who are far better than Chamakh already?

I'd take old Wenger in a heart beat, every sign is old Wenger is long gone and new Wenger is incompetant.

Caporegime
Can't believe Arsenal went from challenging United for the title to the possibility of finishing 13 points behind them and in 4th place :confused:

After beating United as well!

They really have utterly capitulated.

Soldato
It goes to whoever has the best mins to goals ratio which I'd wager is Berbatov given how little he's played recently

Know what you are saying - but Tevez has been injured for a while hasnt he (making the comparison a little more level I would suggest) :)

To be honest I would take the EPL over the FA Cup + the Golden Boot winner ever time (even more so if the GB winner is Tevez the moaning, seemingly permanently unhappy bargie Argie lol). SAF/Gill were spot on not fighting that hard for him imo.

Whats the betting come next Jan (if he does stay at City) there will be more comments about missing his family, he doesnt want to stay etc etc etc

Never doubted he was a decent player (although his 2nd season at Utd wasnt that great), he is too similar to WR and I would take the latter any/every day of the week, and its still to be proven whether CT can stay at any one club significantly longer than 2 seasons, and I think he still doesnt understand about the necessity to rotate players.

Soldato
Our performance tonight just shows how much the FA cup final defeat has deflated the team. We did so well to get there and be in the top 10 in the prem and we badly let outsell down on the final day. Its a shame because every season on the trot since Pulis has taken over we have achieved a higher league position.

I fancy Wigan to do us on Sunday as our players are still licking there wounds from the Final.

Soldato
will be intersting to see who the other 2 teams are to go down, from 15th place Blackburn it could be anyone!

I wouldnt mind it if Wolves or Blackpool stayed up, would like to see Blackburn and Birmingham gone personally, especially Blackburn dam indian owners :D

Soldato
Our performance tonight just shows how much the FA cup final defeat has deflated the team. We did so well to get there and be in the top 10 in the prem and we badly let outsell down on the final day. Its a shame because every season on the trot since Pulis has taken over we have achieved a higher league position.

I fancy Wigan to do us on Sunday as our players are still licking there wounds from the Final.

Another fantastic showing from your fans though. You were great at Wembley and great again tonight, did the Poznan and mutual clapping out at the end. A credit to your club :)

Permabanned

Hope so, Wigan battled hard on Sunday while every team rolled over on Saturday

Caporegime
I had actually wondered about Hernandez/Berb and goal scoring and was going to ask if Utd fans who seem inlove with Hernandez and not too fussed about berbatov, if they realised Berbatov had a better goals/minutes ratio than Hernandez?

Tevez has now played a little over 300 minutes more in the league than Berbatov, Tevez has 3 more assists, 6 vs 3.

Still thought that Fulham were near the relegation spots. They're 8th.

Dismal sad second half to our season.

Wenger, mental and teams seem to follow each other around but this run we're on is worse than I've ever seen. Even in that year we finished 12th in the mid 90s.

I really don't know why people are shocked. Wenger is woeful at rotating players properly, in Feb/March EVERY SINGLE YEAR we end up in several competitions, he gives up playing his youth team in the Carling cup and starts playing first team players, we pick up injuries, drop out of cups and fall to crap when Wenger instead of say starting Bendtner for a run of games, we go with Diaby, or Theo.

I mean, Fabregas starts the pointless Stoke game before the Carling cup final and ends up injured? What other manager would do that, absolute retard, 6 rubbish years and the easiest cup final we'll have had in ages and we don't rest a few players before it to make them available, we don't rest them against a team that tends to rough us up?

Look up the premier league site to see Fabregas's minutes and games played numbers, after every injury Wenger in smart fashion then played him for 90 minutes mostly, and a few 80+ min games, till he was injured again.

The most interesting thing maybe, early season, just come back from an injury and a long summer and an injury having previous season so what does he do. Easy game against Bolton 2-1 up in 60 mins, 3-1 up in 78 minutes, take him off? No, he plays the last 12 minutes aswell, against a physical side. He then gets injured in his next game early in, he then missed two games, we lose at home to West Brom, and to Chelsea.

Take him off after 65mins, maybe he doesn't get injured and we take 3 points against West Brom.

Same thing happened all year, dodgey hamstring, repeatedly injured over 18 months, come back from injury, 90 mins, 90 mins, 90 mins, 90 mins, 90 mins, injured........

No other manager on earth would be so utterly retarded.

3-1 up in the 53rd minute against a epically awful Chelsea, so he limps off in the 87th minute and missed a 2-2 draw with Wigan.

Then back again and he's right back to a run of games playing 90mins or almost 90 mins, then right before the Carling Cup final after plenty of injuries and a run of stupid games we won easily that he could have come off early in, we play him against Stoke and miss him for the most important 3 weeks of the season.

Wenger walked into every single woeful decision head first and he does it every season.

Seriously, have a look at some of the games he played the full 90 mins in, in the build up to the carling cup final and european games, 2-0 at Wolves, just before that stoke game, played the full game.

I mean, you look at the calendar, , Newcastle, Wolves, Barca, orient, stoke, Brum. 90mins at everton before that, 90mins at Newcastle, 90mins Barca, gets injured in the Stoke game, misses the Brum game.

Then he was rushed back for the Barca 2nd leg, was completely unfit, ended up missing the next game aswell against Utd and went out of the other cup.

Look at Fergie's resting of players this season, there isn't a chance in hell Rooney, Rio, VDS, Nani would have played in that Stoke game had it been Utd with that run of games, not a chance in hell.

Last edited:
Soldato
Know what you are saying - but Tevez has been injured for a while hasnt he (making the comparison a little more level I would suggest) :)

Whether he's been injured or not he's still played more games and has a lower goals to minutes on the pitch ratio, Tevez only missed 5 games and 1 of which was an FA Cup tie.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had actually wondered about Hernandez/Berb and goal scoring and was going to ask if Utd fans who seem inlove with Hernandez and not too fussed about berbatov, if they realised Berbatov had a better goals/minutes ratio than Hernandez?

Cant say that really surprises me tbh, considering when Berbatov was in the team he was scoring hat-tricks left right and centre whereas Chicharito IIRC has only scored 2 goals in a game twice in the league

It's been harsh on Berbatov not playing much in the second half of the season, had he been he'd of easily broken the 30 goal barrier the way he was going, him and Rooney were developing a really good partnership as well but the partnership Rooney and Hernandez have formed vindicates SAF's decision tbh

Can see Berbatov having a similar role to that what Sheringham had next season tbh

Soldato
Golden boot aside, congratulations to Joe Hart for tonight winning the Golden glove. Hopefully another clean sheet on the last game of the season to add to his tally. Made some truly world class saves this season.

Back
Top Bottom