***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

Don
Do Sky own the rights to the matches and that's why we never see them?
Is it because of that old droopy faced man Murdoch or whatever?

Sky own the UK rights but there are laws stopping them from showing more than a certain number of games and Saturday 3pm games. The EPL also sell the rights to show games overseas.

You have EU sat coverage at home? Do you see every match then and If so what is the price?

I do and the only LFC match I've missed in the past few years was the Northampton game in the League Cup (where quite literally it wasn't shown anywhere in the world).

As for the price; you'll need a motorised dish and digi box, so however much you can pick those up for and get them installed. Then you need to pay for the subscription to the various foreign equivalents of Sky.

I believe there are a couple of Scandinavian providers that have countless sports channels that show near enough ever EPL game but I don't get these channels. I've got the German, Italian, Albanian, Greek and Turkish 'Sky' (+ a few random channels) which between them usually show every EPL game and certainly all Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea games.

Don
They in English commentary?

Why can't 3pm kick offs be shown? Most annoying thing in football

All expect Sky Italia have English commentary (they stopped offering it for some reason). It's the same commentary as you'll here if you watch the highlights on Football First on Sky.

As from 3pm's. They can't be shown in the UK as they believe it will effect attendances of lower league sides. E.g. how many people would stop going to see Tranmere if they had the chance to sit at home and watch Liverpool on Sky?

Soldato
All expect Sky Italia have English commentary (they stopped offering it for some reason). It's the same commentary as you'll here if you watch the highlights on Football First on Sky.

As from 3pm's. They can't be shown in the UK as they believe it will effect attendances of lower league sides. E.g. how many people would stop going to see Tranmere if they had the chance to sit at home and watch Liverpool on Sky?

have you tried changing the languge setting for the italian channel? So some of my channels i can choose the language the match is broadcast in.

Don
Yea. Used to be able to switch to the original language on there but I noticed earlier in the season the option was gone. Can switch to the original language on all the others still though.

Caporegime
lol that's one out of god knows how many times I've seen a pen given for a pull or a push by a defender from a set piece. Webb would never give that in a PL match.

Back
Top Bottom