[Sponsored] --- "TEARS IN RAIN" --- (Blade Runner inspired Threadripper, Parvum build)

Associate
OP
tmtvwGWh.jpg

Here's the finished PSU! I had a custom Tyrell logo domed-decal made for the center (minimum order, hence the entire sheet!), and then I designed and printed replacement side decals. I used Photoshop Elements for the design, then printed using a Canon Pixma Pro 100. I think it turned out great :D

When rebranding components for themed builds I like to stick with the general, original graphic design and alter the company name etc. so components still retain the general OEM appearance, just tweaked for a different universe.

IUy9kkah.jpg

wIJWqIrh.jpg

vwTvqnjh.jpg

k4t8I6Vh.jpg

rs36Dlqh.jpg

YYUNNx2h.jpg

PEIt2Fqh.png.jpg

uucBkmwh.jpg

1cBldvqh.jpg

YhOEdfmh.jpg

p2yiQWMh.jpg

Associate
OP
tmtvwGWh.jpg

A box of delicious goodies arrived from across the pond... Fresh from Watercool, today's specimens are a collection of the finest looking water blocks on todays market, in my personal opinion. BIG shoutout to Watercool for making it happen! I couldn't ask for a more fitting partnership, the aesthetic of the Heatkiller line-up will be absolutely perfect for the theme and design of this build.

The design and craftsmanship on display with these parts is truly a sight to behold and I'm absolutely in love with them. I definitely foresee all of my builds using their blocks for the near future.

An upcoming update will feature a video of the Watercool parts, including time-lapse of me putting them all together :)

cX2Be2Wh.jpg

bxxuIJEh.jpg

RXUh55Jh.jpg

7ITEM1rh.jpg

ObFTTsEh.jpg

5yhASgdh.jpg

FzeXJAHh.jpg

E4R977kh.jpg

rfM8CCbh.jpg

T6AvdNQh.jpg

N5n7Ua0h.jpg

Lppa3Ish.jpg

MQZGdcuh.jpg

GBBe8CVh.jpg

zz4RRexh.jpg

sJ7OTSYh.jpg

RffYdIph.jpg

kazPe3jh.jpg

UXyNN5vh.jpg

wBGsR2Xh.jpg

bgsWDwLh.jpg

xdeRkFVh.jpg

LgKc1PMh.jpg

fnybRZgh.jpg

cqu8poPh.jpg

AwPGmtJh.jpg

Associate
OP
tmtvwGWh.jpg

So I took apart and painted the EK rads and put the new badges on them. I went with a gunmetal grey which should fit the build well. I prepped them, primed them, painted, and clear coated them. I then wet sanded them with 2000 grit and polished them. They turned out very good, automotive finish. Proper pics once all of the EK stuff is done (Mobo block, M.2 heatsinks...)

HpMWRfch.jpg

GEHaHRsh.jpg

WRbKvp8h.jpg

2oVJXhnh.jpg

xCVHDi9h.jpg

ePGIyJ2h.jpg

torqfRNh.jpg

1PtCYt0h.jpg

zwk4uG2h.jpg

GUq5q0Ih.jpg

RVa2Stmh.jpg

gPiZNZBh.jpg

IjhHCDqh.jpg

Associate
Oh wow, I love everything Blade Runner, I was kicking myself because the Prince Charles Cinema in London is showing a one-off of the Final Cut tonight as I type and I'm missing it!

Subbed!

Associate
OP
Slight delay with the build. Just awaiting case now and then it will be full steam ahead...

• Case is shipping VERY soon
  • Processor has been updated to 1950x along with an Aorus X399 Motherboard
  • New Heatkiller Threadripper CPU block is also inbound :)

Associate
OP
On a side note this Aorus X399 motherboard has been an absolute nightmare. I literally spent 12+ hours messing with it and have decided to return it to Amazon. I went to Fry's and picked up the Asus Zenith Extreme and all was good within a couple of hours. I also grabbed different ram (Corsair Vengeance RGB) because there were comparability issues with the G.Skill running at full speed. The vengeance full profile booted and tested with zero issue. Also zero issue controlling the ram RGB via the motherboard Aura controller.

So's not to bore everyone with a 3rd motherboard photoshoot in the log I'll take photos once waterblocks are on the GPU's and CPU.

I'm super impressed with the Asus vs the Aorus, at least when it comes to X399. The feature set and set up ease was sooo much better.

Associate
OP
tmtvwGWh.jpg

Here's a quick video glimpse of how the 7" screen will be used that's being installed inside the case next adjacent to the motherboard!

It will be used as a retro-futuristic advertising video-billboard inside the case, similar to what you see positioned all over the cityscape in the Blade Runner movie universe. I'm using a combination of the smoking Geisha imagery, older tech commercials, and Japanese advertising.

Back
Top Bottom