Spring meet 5th April 2014

Soldato
Not sure If I will be able to make this now, Was meant to be getting my bike serviced this coming weekend but now have had to cancel that and go to Mansfield to see the girlfriends parents (IT issues.... joy)

Going to see if I can arrange this for the following week but if not I don't really want to subject the bike to the additional mileage with a service due, especially as I know it will likely need a new chain/sprockets and definitely needs the brakes sorting.

Soldato
OP
Not looked at the forecast... I'm too nervous lol.

I tested out the 'windy roads' option on the GPS from Reading to H cafe and back again yesterday, it took me down some VERY small B roads with road surface equal to that of a washboard... So I will have to dial the 'extreme' roads back a little lol.

But still, took me places that I had never ridden before and with ease! Just need to sort oil and chain out then my bike is ready.

Soldato
Well definitely cannot make this now. GF neglected to tell me she has arranged for her parents to come down that weekend and help decorate a few of the rooms so I have to be there..... Not best pleased.

Soldato
OP
I hope weather is good. I will head to the H cafe regardless of weather :)

BUT, bad news, I got in some fisty cuff scuffle with a chap who treated a woman terribly... I got cautioned on assult. Typical. Anyway, his dirty gob infected a deep wound his teeth caused.

As a result, my right hand is the size of a melon. This happened on Tuesday night, hospital gave me some antibiotics for the infection after confirming no breaks or dislocates from the x-ray and the swelling is going down slowly.

Hopefully I will be able to get my gloves on. Already had 3 days of work and as a contractor... It's hurt my wallet :(

p.s. Wrote this entire message with my left hand... It's a useless hand lol

Soldato
OP
Haha, summer is just starting! Can those going that don't have trust on the OcUK forums let me know? I'm going to be giving my number out during the week to those going.

Again, you can ring whilst I'm on the bike, just letting me know your not coming on the day would be great if the weather is bad as I'm not holding others up waiting otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom