Spring meet 5th April 2014

Soldato
Well, who is up for it?

No idea on route, distance or anything like that.

Just putting the feelers out. It would most likely be a Southern meet, possibly starting at the Ace Cafe in London, then maybe heading down to Brighton for the day? Go for some lunch, then back up to Ace Cafe?

Could be a good day :)

Final plans

Depart from H Cafe at 1000

H Cafe
Oxford Rd
Dorchester
Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 7LY

Then head to Loomies... Easier this way, then decide if we fancy the full run to Brighton or not :)

Loomies Cafe
Alton Road
West Meon, Hampshire GU32 1JX

Yes

Agnes - Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Rossi~ - Suzuki GSX650F Silver/Blue
Fireskull - Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5
edd1e - BMW S1000RR
stuman - Triumph Street Triple R
Crowze - Moto Guzzi 1000 SP3
Growse - BMW F800S
The_Abyss - Aprilia Shiver
Griffo - BMW K1300S
dsb - BMW R1200 Adv
metbandit1 - Triumph Speed Triple R
kitfit1 - Ducati 1098S
Brackish - Suzuki GSR750
Linkex - Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
Shimmy - CBR600FS
Woogie - Suzuki DL 650
YarwoodUK - Kawasaki ER-6n
Hobs - BMW GS 1200

Maybe

Scuzi - KTM 990 Supermoto R
unKle - Suzuki GSXR1000
SKILL - Triumph Street Triple R
Persil - Aprilia Tuono

Last edited:
Associate
i'm in, could always start at the H-cafe, then to the ace, brighton, then along the 272, a33 then bcd to reading/m4?

it's a long way away at the moment, but count me in.

Soldato
Sounds good to me. Although, a bit close to London for my liking :p but i'm sure it'd be good fun.

Are you going to build up a list of people (and their bikes, so we can easily determine who's who)?

Last edited:
Associate
Count me in for sure! Although would prefer H-Cafe or somewhere not in London as a starting point.. I hate getting to the Ace Cafe.

BMW S1000RR

Also.. Fireskull.. I would be up for a trackday too.

Soldato
OP
Quiet up there on your armchair ;P

Oi, shut your face :p

I rode it to work today, oh god it's so much fun to chuck around!

The power is pleasing too! Even in urban mode I had the front up and the traction control stepping in!

I am, without a shadow of a doubt, very pleased with it so far. I'm glad I went for it instead of another sports bike. Already organising with mates a trip to Catalunya for the Moto GP next year.

Soldato
OP
I've been looking at rough routes of what to do...

H Cafe to Brighton is a bit far (no motorways) so would need a stop mid way as it's a good 2 and a half hours and the older boys on sports bikes will be needing a hip stretch :p Not me on my 'armchair' muhahahaha.

So, I was thinking of meeting at H Cafe in Oxford say around 0800/0830 and head off around 0900. If we stopped off somewhere, I think we could be in Brighton for midday. Do like we did last time. A stop off midway at a random village and just relax and walk around for 20 minutes.

Instead of going straight into Brighton, we could head towards Beach head and get some decent group photo's and enjoy the brilliant roads. Then head to Brighton from there?

Then, grab a tasty lunch in Brighton and go from there really.

Saves going into London and some of the roads will be brilliant on the ride down.

Man of Honour
I've been looking at rough routes of what to do...

H Cafe to Brighton is a bit far (no motorways) so would need a stop mid way as it's a good 2 and a half hours and the older boys on sports bikes will be needing a hip stretch :p Not me on my 'armchair' muhahahaha.

So, I was thinking of meeting at H Cafe in Oxford say around 0800/0830 and head off around 0900. If we stopped off somewhere, I think we could be in Brighton for midday. Do like we did last time. A stop off midway at a random village and just relax and walk around for 20 minutes.

Instead of going straight into Brighton, we could head towards Beach head and get some decent group photo's and enjoy the brilliant roads. Then head to Brighton from there?

Then, grab a tasty lunch in Brighton and go from there really.

Saves going into London and some of the roads will be brilliant on the ride down.
Should only require about 11 fuel stops for me :D

Back
Top Bottom