Spring meet 5th April 2014

Soldato
Well, who is up for it?

No idea on route, distance or anything like that.

Just putting the feelers out. It would most likely be a Southern meet, possibly starting at the Ace Cafe in London, then maybe heading down to Brighton for the day? Go for some lunch, then back up to Ace Cafe?

Could be a good day :)

Final plans

Depart from H Cafe at 1000

H Cafe
Oxford Rd
Dorchester
Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 7LY

Then head to Loomies... Easier this way, then decide if we fancy the full run to Brighton or not :)

Loomies Cafe
Alton Road
West Meon, Hampshire GU32 1JX

Yes

Agnes - Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Rossi~ - Suzuki GSX650F Silver/Blue
Fireskull - Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5
edd1e - BMW S1000RR
stuman - Triumph Street Triple R
Crowze - Moto Guzzi 1000 SP3
Growse - BMW F800S
The_Abyss - Aprilia Shiver
Griffo - BMW K1300S
dsb - BMW R1200 Adv
metbandit1 - Triumph Speed Triple R
kitfit1 - Ducati 1098S
Brackish - Suzuki GSR750
Linkex - Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
Shimmy - CBR600FS
Woogie - Suzuki DL 650
YarwoodUK - Kawasaki ER-6n
Hobs - BMW GS 1200

Maybe

Scuzi - KTM 990 Supermoto R
unKle - Suzuki GSXR1000
SKILL - Triumph Street Triple R
Persil - Aprilia Tuono

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Quiet up there on your armchair ;P

Oi, shut your face :p

I rode it to work today, oh god it's so much fun to chuck around!

The power is pleasing too! Even in urban mode I had the front up and the traction control stepping in!

I am, without a shadow of a doubt, very pleased with it so far. I'm glad I went for it instead of another sports bike. Already organising with mates a trip to Catalunya for the Moto GP next year.

Soldato
OP
I've been looking at rough routes of what to do...

H Cafe to Brighton is a bit far (no motorways) so would need a stop mid way as it's a good 2 and a half hours and the older boys on sports bikes will be needing a hip stretch :p Not me on my 'armchair' muhahahaha.

So, I was thinking of meeting at H Cafe in Oxford say around 0800/0830 and head off around 0900. If we stopped off somewhere, I think we could be in Brighton for midday. Do like we did last time. A stop off midway at a random village and just relax and walk around for 20 minutes.

Instead of going straight into Brighton, we could head towards Beach head and get some decent group photo's and enjoy the brilliant roads. Then head to Brighton from there?

Then, grab a tasty lunch in Brighton and go from there really.

Saves going into London and some of the roads will be brilliant on the ride down.

Soldato
OP

Ooooo, now that is a good option. Actually, a better option? I love the roads in Wales. Sadly, the weather can change very quickly...

Brighton.... an apt place for Multistrada riders.... :D

And I could ride for hours, the K5 is comfy for a tall rider, but the fuel consumption is another matter ;)

Only for you mate, only for you :p

Soldato
OP
WAAYEEELLLLSSSSSS

Well, we could make a weekend of it... Go camping haha.

I think a day's riding is good for now though, but I would certainly be up for a weekend away at some point.

Soldato
OP
Well I might take a few cans, I will need something to drink whilst I'm waiting around... :D

Currently horrendous, I'm not sure why, I need to give a few things a check, plus Im not running a custom map on my PC3 yet, which should increase it a lot.
Getting around 120 miles to a tank commuting, somewhere around 31/32mpg.

Huh! I am averaging around 34mpg so not much better... Mind you, the low down fueling has always been terrible on pre 2013 Multis I'm told. And I've been ragging it around like a loony haha.

Soldato
OP
Are you going to get it mapped?

Mine pops some beautiful flames in 2/3/4, recorded it the other night just need to edit it then upload :D

Yea, there is a guy called Chris who owns CJS Racing, he is very well known in the Ducati community for fuel mapping.

I should be getting the full termi system some time in January, then getting him to map it. Will get it all done before the meet. If you want a blast on the Multi, have a go. You will see why more than happy with it specially coming from superbikes lol.

Wales = great, but yeah probably a weekend, unless we went directly west from H-Cafe --> Tewkesbury -->... I dunno, I saw some hills in the distance, assumed it's Wales.

I'm in.

BMW K1300S - all day comfortable :D

Yea, defo going to stick with the Brighton option I think.

i'm on a street triple, not a lardy arsed speed triple, please update. :(

Updated.

Soldato
OP
1200 cc's boys, 150 ponies whisking me along on my red sofa.

Awwwww yeaaaaaaaaa.

Oh, note, bring along your better halfs if you want. I'm bringing mine, and no doubt she would like some female company.

Soldato
OP
I dunno, the GSX650F is pretty heavy for the size of the bike (241kg inc fuel) and has only 85~hp lol

I've said this many times, my 748S was and I still think, is the most fun bike I've ever owned, I've had 2 748's now. They were both old, slow and sluggish.

But in reality I am still head over heels for it, it had maybe 93hp when the engine was rebuilt at Louigi Moto.

However, I loved that I could rag that thing like I stole it everywhere, it was the most fun I've ever had on a bike. My 1098S, I will be honest, didn't think much of it. It was a bloody quick bike, don't get me wrong. But that was it's main problem.

Unless you ride the bike hard, it was a chore to ride. I didn't like it around towns, I didn't like it on weekend rides as most of the time I was fighting it to behave. Only when I went to triple figure speeds and pushed my skills to the limits. Which were way lower than the abilities of the bikes did it become a fun bike... Because of that, I didn't enjoy it.

Trust me mate, having low hp on todays roads is still more than enough. If you went onto a current 1L bike, you might feel the same after seeing that the power simply cannot be used and thus, not as fun.

Soldato
OP
The only problem i have with the bike, (which isn't really a problem...) is that it's an all-rounder bike. It doesn't excel at anything but doesn't suck at anything either. Which just doesn't give it anything to be excited about but is easy to ride.

At least with a 748/s you have the torque, it's lighter and more nimble.

I think i would've prefered the Aprilia Shiver or Street Triple R. Either of which will be my next bike.

Have a jump on it at the meet if you want. I know what you mean. But for that reason I think it is perfect for the road. Also, even in the lowest setting, it gives my old 748 a run for it's money...

Oh an on topic about the meet, I'm thinking end of March? Sound good?

Soldato
OP
5th should be good for me, I might even have a modern bike by then ;).

Count me in! Soon as dates are confirmed I will book it off.

What bike guys?

Stourport-On-Severn near enough ?

Count me in this year :D

Ducati 1098s

OP updated.

I think the 5th of April is a good date, it's shortly after payday, weather shouldn't be below 10C and I imagine it might be a bit dry... I guess the only thing that will stop me going is non stop torrential rain! But see how it goes closer to the time.

I will ask for the thread title to be updated to 5th April.

Ooooo, excited :D

Back
Top Bottom