***Official Squad Thread***

That's the million dollar question! We're planning for v10 to be out in 3 weeks....
We've got no concrete dates yet to be honest. We don't give out dates this early in advance as if they slip then people lose their minds! I can tell you progress is going really well and when you see what everyone has been up to it will be worth the wait.

"3 weeks" originally came from one of the Devs giving that answer to every single question regarding release dates. Reddit picked up on it and started giving that answer themselves for everything also!

I'm really enjoying v9.4. I think it's the best and biggest update since adding in vehicles for the first time. Lots of tools for the insurgent teams to play with now and once the mortar spam dies down it will be interesting to how the 9.4 meta evolves.

Have any of the features/content coming in v10 been confirmed yet ? 9.4 update was a nice surprise btw

Wow what an update, played all afternoon Saturday and had so much fun. The first time you come under mortar fire is almost unforgettable. Again the sound design is just incredible.

I see people have taken straight to suicide vehicle bombing. Was in a game where a superfob was being built and the insurgents launched a wave of vehicle bomb attacks to great effect.

When version 10 comes and you can leap low walls and the animations are tidied up I think this game has to start getting noticed mainstream.

Wake up and pay attention class is about to start!

If you have been out of the loop, last week we released Alpha v9.4 which included three new essential assets.

Today you will be spending time with Sgt. Ross as he runs you thru the basics of Mines, Mortars, and IEDs.

Tutorials

• Mines
  • IEDs
  • Mortars

See you all on the battlefield!

Offworld Out.

The Wrench April
16-May-2017
logo.png

Hi Squaddies,
Welcome to the April edition of the Wrench! Once again, we have some exciting developments in the world of modding. There is a lot of new content available to modders with the release of the V9 SDK. A whole stack of new vehicles and gameplay features to experiment with that makes modding for Squad an exceptionally fun passtime activity.
Furthermore, the Squad Modding Hub now has over 3500 members making it one of the largest Discord communities worldwide. We invite you to join in on the discussions even if you don't plan on developing any mods.

middle_separator.png

Afghan Valleys by dazZz-666
dazZz-666 made his debut with a very pretty Wrench entry. His work-in-progress map called Afghan Valleys extends what Squad already delivers. Wide open areas, mixed with strategic placement of villages, rivers, aqueducts, crop fields and much more. Additionally, the map will have an urban area with apartment buildings for your CQB needs.

middle_separator.png

Jizan Province by Rainey
Jizan Province, by Rainey, is a new map built from scratch with custom assets based on the Jizan Province in Saudi Arabia, just North of the Yemen border. It will feature an arterial highway (visually similar to Jizan-Jeddah highway) with a military checkpoint and a major junction, a dam in the East, a cave complex in the hillside to the West, and 3 significant towns that include a grand hotel and shopping plaza.

middle_separator.png

Operation Goblin by Special Projects Initiative
The Special Projects Initiative (SPI) team is hard at work to bring the rigors of mountain combat to life in their map, "Operation Goblin." This Pre-Alpha proof of concept is not representative of the final build, but rather a sneak peak into capturing the vision and scale of this future Squad map. The team at SPI consists of nine developers across over seven countries, five time zones and a variety of disciplines to challenge what's possible in a Squad map. They state: "we look forward to rolling out more content as we continue to work towards a future release!"

middle_separator.png

Offmap Support System by Machinegunviking
Machinegunviking created an Offmap Support System concept. It allows Squad Leaders to call in air support, artillery strikes and supply drops, all of which can be accessed through the radial menu. He will be expanding his features by adding visual and sound effects and more content to play with. We're thrilled to see the finished mod in game!

middle_separator.png

Skorpo by Zeno
Our very own Zeno is in the process of creating a map based on the real world island of Skorpo. Located in the entrance of the fjords of western Norway, it will be a unique setting with large varied terrain features. Small islands, high mountains and steep cliffs falling straight into the cold glacial water below.
The initial version will feature infantry focused combat in the tranquil forests of Skorpo, while the end plan is to expand into a full naval invasion map.

middle_separator.png

Background Mountains by Axton
Axton's project this month has been creating some background mountain models, to extend the edges of any squad map. He says this could be useful for when helicopters make it into the game, and could possibly solve ONE of the issues with jets. He's also made a tutorial for anyone else who wants to use a similar technique for their creations.

middle_separator.png

Really some amazing developments going on with Squad as well as in the community, we hope you are enjoying these reads as much as we are enjoying collecting and presenting them to you.
Squad Modding Hub Management Team Out.
Join the Discussion >>

Fed up of joining games with Squad Leaders that just can't operate. And then rage quit. The worst, man...

Lol, I'm one of them.

I try and play a quick round with a few mates, then all these randoms start joining the squad and asking for orders and it's just like 'ffs, leave me alone, I just want to play the game with my mates in peace, not give orders to randoms'.

We're not good at the game but we're trying to learn and having random people join the squad is infuriating on many levels. They start asking for orders, giving you grief if you're not a pro... thats all well and good if you play the game regularly but when you're trying to learn to squad lead or whatever you just want to do it in peace with your mates.

Game needs squad locking desperately, no one I know wants to play the game until this feature is added... for the very reasons stated above.

Squad is not really that type of game though. It relies on SL's who will work with people they don't know and who are willing to cooperate with other SL's. I've found appropriately naming your Squad and communicating that you're learning can help allot. Failing that don't SL if you're not up to working with randoms.

Back
Top Bottom