Squid Game: The Challenge

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I don't think anyone is confused about what happened but about why no one seemed bothered that she'd refused to play by those rules until it was her that was then taking multiple chances at which point 50/50 suited her fine.
Off course they were bothered, but they weren't going to waste time arguing or persuading her, when the clock was ticking and they knew she wasn't going to budge. It was more important the ones left got through than making a stand over principles.

You could see they were bothered as after the challenge she was just roaming around by herself, nobody wanted to talk to her. Then also for the next task Mai selected her when she wasn't supposed to, because of the bridge incident.

Man of Honour
Off course they were bothered, but they weren't going to waste time arguing or persuading her, when the clock was ticking and they knew she wasn't going to budge. It was more important the ones left got through than making a stand over principles.

You could see they were bothered as after the challenge she was just roaming around by herself, nobody wanted to talk to her. Then also for the next task Mai selected her when she wasn't supposed to, because of the bridge incident.
Obviously they weren't going to be wasting time on the bridge that made sense but other than Mai none of them seemed particularly bothered afterwards. They also seemed lost as to why Mai then did what she did in the next game.

Almost all down to editing but just seemed a bit strange.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Didn't think I would enjoy this, but they managed to recreate some of the drama between contestants like in the TV series. Was hooked after episode 1.

I enjoyed the show, but found myself fast forwarding when characters I didn't like were talking/gossiping and just moving to the next twist or challenge. It was like big brother but I get the feeling even more heavily edited to make us like ot hate certain contestants.

I think the finale is tomorrow.

rp2000

Permabanned

:eek: I can see this been on for a while each season due to real money up for grabs.

Caporegime
Just watched the finale. Quite disappointing compared to the earlier episodes and challenges. In fact I will go as far as to say its the worst episode!

I know another series is planned. If I have Netlfix at the time i'll watch it, but if I don't no big loss. It was enjoyable, don't get me wrong. But this type of reality stuff gets very repetitive with each subsequent season and usually the 1st season is the most "genuine". Future seasons just have more flamboyant contestants, bigger sob stories and more backstabbing.

Overall a 7/10 - reality shows can't really go much higher in my opinion as they lack the rewatch factor.

rp2000

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Disappointed with who the winner is, think they deserved it the least, oh well.

And yea it was entertaining to watch but another season will just be a repeat and won't have the same draw to watch.

Associate
Would have preferred it was more skill based to decide who actually wins. Final few people and winner were all decided on silly things like 50/50 button pushes, coin flips, dice rolls, etc etc. It all just seemed too harsh after getting so far and then being just total luck.

Caporegime
Would have preferred it was more skill based to decide who actually wins. Final few people and winner were all decided on silly things like 50/50 button pushes, coin flips, dice rolls, etc etc. It all just seemed too harsh after getting so far and then being just total luck.
This, the skill seemed to reduce as the series progressed.

rp2000

Soldato
Binged the last four episodes and really enjoyed it. This has set the bar for all other reality shows, not that I watch any nor see Squid Games as a reality show, but it was certainly an angle the producers where going for and it worked.

Also watched the making of Squid Games The Challenge and I think the production team did a fantastic job of recreating the world of Squid, well done to all those involved. It answered a little disappointment I had with Red Light, Green Light - why weren't the exploding ink packs red like they had been shot :D ? It's black ink just a squid, go figure.

Back
Top Bottom