ssd not working

Associate
I recently boughs a Kingston a2000 500gb pcie SSD and I have been trying to get it to work for the past 5 hours however I have run into many problems, at first it wasn't detected in the bios or the pc until I messed around with some settings and then it started to show up as SM2263 and has continued to be shown as this since, however this is not the main problem, the main problem is the SSD is not letting me format it and it is also showing up as having only 1gb of storage available.

PC SPECS-
i5-8400
16gb ddr4 corsair ram
1060 6gb
ASUS H-310 PLUS motherboard
seagate 5tb HDD

Associate
OP
i have initialised the hard drive however i cant send a picture for some reason but it was showing up as 1028mb then i reinstalled it and it is now showing as 2048 gb but is a protective partition which i cannot use i then cleaned the disk and it went back down to 1 gb

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have updated the bios and the driver is showing in the pcie section of the bios but not as a storage drive, when i go into disk management the drive either shows as 2tb or 1gb but the drive is 500gb and i cannot format it, when i go into task manager i can see the SSD however it has 0 read write and 0 overall activity and shows as 1000mb with 0mb formatted and a no for system disk and pagefile

Associate
OP
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Soldato
Its probably down to the BIOS or chipset. I have had issues with PCIe SSD on lower spec chipsets such as H310 and X79 (And some X99 as well) It was almost always down to the way that the PCIe slot handles a storage interface. I am not sure why it works but shows wrong information now. Does it show the correct Volume and Partition information in Diskpart? Is the drive new or second hand? If second hand it might have been used in a RAID configuration and still may have information on there, if thats the case go into Diskpart, Select disk (your allocated drive number) and then "clean" and it should wipe any information including RAID configuration that may be on the drive.

Associate
Also just noticed that the motherboard only supports PCIE x2 speed that might be part of your issue

Intel® H310 Chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & x2 PCIE mode)*1
4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray,

Back
Top Bottom