SSD Prices - Not looking great

Maybe. There's not that many games with playing at any one point, IMO of course. It's not that hard to download again these days with the internet speeds we get. I do agree some are getting very large though, as we move to 4K more that will increase. I don't see why 8TB aren't cheaper and more available though.

Just been looking - didn't realise 8tb nvme cost £900-£1300 for reputable brands! Crazy when 4tb are around £250

Is it a coincidence that PS5 Pro has been delayed from September until next year and all of a sudden SSD prices have started dropping and deals are appearing?

Is it a coincidence that PS5 Pro has been delayed from September until next year and all of a sudden SSD prices have started dropping and deals are appearing?
Strange listening to many gaming podcasts and this is the first Ive heard :confused: All the PS5 Pro talk dropped after a few months back of rumors.

I can see the 990Pro is coming down again but maybe in a few months we see a the 1000 series.

I thinks it’s just down to supply overtaking demand again, nand flash makers had slashed production at the end of last year but it was ramped up again in the spring.

I've got a bit of a feeling the recentish big jump in dram chip sizes was somewhat expected too. A lot of the big makers on with clearing stock before the new tech pushed prices back down.
Expect a dip in the autumn is my theory ATM.

Timing is everything I'm afraid.

Just had to fork out for a 4TB Lexar NM790 for £230.

Reasonably zippy drive though.

Lexar NM790 4TB SSD, M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4x4 NVMe 1.4 Internal SSD, Up to 7400MB/s Read, Up to 6500MB/s Write,​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom