Stalker question

My friend has finished it twice and has informed me that what you are seeing is normal. Either you have to acquire many many anti-rad medicines or find some nice artifacts which reduce your liability to radiation.

Sherm said:
ah, this would mean that i am in desperate need to find some stuff in pipryat then! :p

Oh well if this is the case, i guess it adds to the challenge! :D

If you're in Pipryat, don't you need a SEVA or SSP space suit you obtained from Yantar. Isn't the whole area highly radiated? Either of these will help you. I'm not there yet, but I have two suits including the SSP-99 which is armoured as well. I have the cheaper one two just for backup. I'm going back to the wildlands for all the bounty before continuing to Pipryat.

Last edited:
Tokenbrit said:
My friend has finished it twice and has informed me that what you are seeing is normal. Either you have to acquire many many anti-rad medicines or find some nice artifacts which reduce your liability to radiation.

No way is what I am experiencing normal in the game, I used 15 jabs & 11 healthpacks in about 15 minutes & then die as I cant find enough to keep going
I have contacted THQ support & they have requested some of my savegames to investigate the problem, It needs others who have this problem to contact them via their website as they appear keen to help

Usher said:
No way is what I am experiencing normal in the game, I used 15 jabs & 11 healthpacks in about 15 minutes & then die as I cant find enough to keep going
I have contacted THQ support & they have requested some of my savegames to investigate the problem, It needs others who have this problem to contact them via their website as they appear keen to help

Which level is this this happening?

I would have thought it was + radiation mods on items in your belt too, if your not wearing any, its a bug i've not experienced.

BTW, does the game end after the chernobyl level? I only started playing a few days ago and have been mainly following the story missions but doing a few side missions.

I was wandering if you can go back to exploring the game after the power station level, hell, if thats even the end ? I'm on the part where there is a 5min count down and the screen goes red for a few seconds?

I've realised im pretty under equipped for this level so may have to go back anyway. :)

Admiral Huddy said:
Which level is this this happening?

see posts further up & on official stalker thread:

Heres another snip from a website which may explain things. Its to do with saving your game whilst bleeding or being radiated, Its a bug that continues when you reload the save, bleeding & radiation sickness continue & cant be stopped.
This fits my dark valley problem exactly. Even more bizarre is the autosave from when I first entered the level, I had 50% health which I kept topping up as I followed the stalker to the hostage ambush. Reloading it now & I die instantly so this means that the savefile has corrupted somehow & I carried on dying LOL

QUOTE: This is one of the most rarest ones that I came across and thought it was just a glitch. If you save your game the instant that you take damage that causes Bleeding, Radiation, or (the one that causes your screen to shake, can't remember it) and you load your game, you will constantly be taking Bleeding, Radiation, ect. Damage no matter how many times you heal. However, this requires you save your game at the exact moment you get hit which is very unlikely altho it can happen in certain circumstances

Last edited:
Sherm said:
Id id not post a screenshot as i could not seem to get one done. I tried print screen etc, but could not find any file anywhere, not was it in mem to paste into something.....

Press "Print Screen" - minimise the game to desktop - open up MS Paint - Press "Ctrl V" - Save the file in jpg/ gif/png format.

Right, managed to look into my screenie issue. Anyway Print Screen still would not work, but found where F12 put the files.

Anyway here is how i currently am in Pipryat

Stalker_pripyat.jpg

See anything odd? the 2 items on my belt are for endurance and some other minor thing. Did try taking them both off though just to make sure, with no luck.

I loaded a trainer to give me temporary god mode whilst i try & fathom this out.
The bad news is that I moved to the next level & the radiation dying bug is still there, every 12 -15 seconds it needs both a health pack & rad jab one after another until you run out & die.
I am waiting to hear back from THQ support
to see what they make of the savegame they requested I send

That is the suits bonus yeah? The suit that i have is the Duty HEV Suit or some places call it the PSZ-9Md Universal Protection :p

here are the original specs for this suit.

Burn: +80%
Electrical Shock: +90%
Impact: +50%
Rupture: +50%
Radiation: +90%
Chemical Burn: +70%
Explosion: +50%
Bulletproof Cap: +40%

Sherm said:
Right, managed to look into my screenie issue. Anyway Print Screen still would not work, but found where F12 put the files.

Anyway here is how i currently am in Pipryat

See anything odd? the 2 items on my belt are for endurance and some other minor thing. Did try taking them both off though just to make sure, with no luck.

Seems your belt has at least 1 +radiation items, so you have constant radiation poisoning but no -radiation items to counteract it. This would seem why your constantly losing health.

The suits +90 etc are resistances to radiation or whatever so you die slower than normal from those effects.

Last edited:
I still have this problem and sent my save games to THQ. I definitely don't have any radiation artifacts as I just throw them away when I find them.

Fubar said:
I still have this problem and sent my save games to THQ. I definitely don't have any radiation artifacts as I just throw them away when I find them.

Doesnt the +5 bullet cap one also give +5 radiation?

Back
Top Bottom