eXSBass said:
This is why I am a Star Wars fan.
Simply, for a twist and how they were seen years ago:
Episodes 4,5,6 then
Episodes 1,2,3
To see the whole Saga as a whole story:
Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6

:D
But now they've got the animated clone wars, and some (lame looking) wookie / Droid cartoon thing too...

Man of Honour
BillytheImpaler said:
i've got the full TNG series and i've been watching one or two every night for the past few weeks. I'm halfway through season 5. Yay me!

Mrs. theImpaler is somewhat less than amused.

I was very dissapointed with TNG. DS9 and Voyager are much more entertaining.

BUrnsy

Che

Che

Associate
OP
Moredhel said:
Me and a couple of friends were considering taking a month off of work to try and manage this back to back, in the end we decided upon this order: The original series, the animated series, the films 1 to 6, the next generation, films 7 to 10, deep space nine, voyager and lastly Enterprise, despite the "story" timelines of voyager and deep space nine, and deep space nine and the next generation overlapping. However, we never managed to get the funds together to support us for a month of doing nothing but watching star trek.
But then films like Star Trek: First Contact have Worf on the Defiant :\ Haha, I might just watch it in the order it was made. I knew I shouldn't have thought about it this hard :p

Man of Honour
Don't forget you also have the whole TNG vs DS9 and DS9 vs Voyager thing to worry about as well. :p

My advice, watch 'em in whatever order you feel like, but not all at once. otherwise you'll be sat in front of a TV for 25 days straight* :p

If you really want to get them in the right order, startrek.com probably has the production dates. Bear in mind they shoot them out of order too though. :)

* I'm neither geek nor sad enough to work that out accurately. :)

I've got 19 of the DVD boxsets, plus the films. That leaves me about 10 boxsets short. Not going to watch them all at once though (in fact, I've not been watching much TV at all recently).

Che

Che

Associate
OP
What I usually do is convert them to play on my PSP and watch them in bed before I go to sleep, saves sitting down in front of the TV for hours

Soldato
I've got all the episodes, apart from the TOS, never liked it. Plus I don't count the animated series. :p

My advice would be to watch all of TOS, then TOS Movies but leave Generations til after TNG the watch that. The move onto DS9 and all.

Man of Honour
ToastedCheese said:
"What is this thing you call...love"

and the unforgettable:

"We have to fight Jim...or they WILL kill us both" cue music 'DA DA DAAA DA DAAA DA DA'

That mental picture made me actually LOL.

"Jim, you shirt isn't torn, tear it so you look more manly"

Burnsy

Soldato
but i only plan on watching 1 dvd worth a day or so not all in one huuuuuuuuuuuge session think you'd starve to death before you seen them all lol

Soldato
Well you could watch them by stardate (not including enterprise because it doesn't count anyway *controversial* :p). Mind you, things would get very complicated as there are a lot of mistakes (not that I would know this!). If it was me I would watch:

ToS
ToS cartoon
ToS movies
TNG season 1 - 6
DS9 season 1
TNG season 7
DS9 season 2 & 3
Generations
Voyager season 1 & 2
DS9 season 4
Voyager Season 3
DS9 Season 5
First Contact
Voyager Season 4
DS9 Season 6 & 7
Voyager Season 5
Insurrection
Voyager Season 6 & 7
Nemisis
Enterprise season 1 - 4

Probably far too complicated :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Che said:
Star Trek: The Original Series[/i] is quite simple as it went from September '66 to June '69, then it was Star Trek: The Animated Series (which I've never actually seen before) which ran from September '73 to October '74 and then it was all the films, starting in December '79 with Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Now my problem, Star Trek: The Next Generation started in September '87 but there were two more Original Series era films made after that, namely Star Trek V: The Final Frontier in June '89 and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country in December '91 which is a good five seasons into Star Trek: The Next Generation!

It may sound lame but I want to watch it in all the right order :p There's also the Star Trek: The Next Generation era films that I need to watch in the right orders but that's months away so I'll worry about it later!

Thats wrong.
Its TOS, Then the animated, then films 1-6, then TNG, then 7-9, then DS9, then VOY, then 10.

The only thing im not sure about is when DS9 runs along side the films, which i think is at 9.

It gets more cronologically confusing if you want to watch them in order of stardate, which i dont recommend at all.

Permabanned
This needs archiving for the most nerdy thread ev0r

And the shall i retire and and play a game for the rest of my life

Che

Che

Associate
OP
atpbx said:
I'd just watch DS9 and forget the rest.
I've already seen all the DS9 episodes in order a year or so ago and thought heck, why not do the whole thing? :p

BoomAM said:
Thats wrong.
Its TOS, Then the animated, then films 1-6, then TNG, then 7-9, then DS9, then VOY, then 10.
No I'm not wrong. Both www.epguides.com and www.imdb.com say I am right. Star Trek: The Next Generation started before some of the original series era films were made.

Back
Top Bottom