Star Trek advice

Soldato
Che said:
No I'm not wrong. Both www.epguides.com and www.imdb.com say I am right. Star Trek: The Next Generation started before some of the original series era films were made.
Your going on actual production dates. If you watch them in that order, then it can potentially mess up a coherent timeline in watching the films, as some might (or might not) refer to films/episodes that you havnt seen yet.
So, going off the actual ST timeline, as i said, you are wrong.
But going of actual production dates, then you are right.
:)

Che

Che

Associate
OP
Well you're changing your story now ;) In my original post I clearly said the year in which they were produced and you said that's wrong.

Then you said
BoomAM said:
It gets more cronologically confusing if you want to watch them in order of stardate, which i dont recommend at all.
Which implies that you were referring to watching them in production date order as you said it'd get more confusing if you watched them in chronological order of the Trek universe

Soldato
Che said:
Well you're changing your story now ;) In my original post I clearly said the year in which they were produced and you said that's wrong.
I havnt changed my story at all.
I said:
It gets more cronologically confusing if you want to watch them in order of stardate, which i dont recommend at all.
I then said:
Your going on actual production dates. If you watch them in that order, then it can potentially mess up a coherent timeline in watching the films, as some might (or might not) refer to films/episodes that you havnt seen yet.
So, going off the actual ST timeline, as i said, you are wrong.
But going of actual production dates, then you are right.
So. If the posts are read properly and not skimmed over, you'll see that my points have been consistant and that you've not read them properly. ;)

Which implies that you were referring to watching them in production date order as you said it'd get more confusing if you watched them in chronological order of the Trek universe
How exactely does 'It gets more cronologically confusing if you want to watch them in order of stardate' imply productions dates? It doesnt. Not by a long shot. Notice the word 'Stardate', which indicates date within ST.
If you thought that implyed production dates then you must really have problems reading. :p

Associate
BoomAM said:
I havnt changed my story at all.
I said:

I then said:

So. If the posts are read properly and not skimmed over, you'll see that my points have been consistant and that you've not read them properly. ;)

How exactely does 'It gets more cronologically confusing if you want to watch them in order of stardate' imply productions dates? It doesnt. Not by a long shot. Notice the word 'Stardate', which indicates date within ST.
If you thought that implyed production dates then you must really have problems reading. :p

Oh dear God, some one give me a phaser so I can shoot myself

Soldato
Mat said:
runs in...

"Stargate for thee win!..."

...runs out
I do personally think that SG is more consistantly good. Not Atlantis. Im not keen on that.
But SG itself is very consistant. There only seems to be 2-3 episodes per season that i get bored with. Where as with ST, its every other episode.

Soldato
afraser2k said:
Only problem with watching Star Trek's in any kind of order is that once you hit Voyager their time travelling exploits will make you cross-eyed. :( ;)
If you're going that far, then do you watch the Trouble with tribbles and trials and tribulations at the same time? And what about the last episode of Enterprise, do you watch it with the next generation? How about the first contact movie, does that come before Enterprise? It's just a silly way of doing it I think. We had these debates when we wanted to do it and our order was the final decision based on compromise. :)

Soldato
Che said:
Now the second point. Why is it sad to watch it? It's a TV series set in the future. It's creative and entertaining, what harm does it do to watch it?
Because some people can't accept that a show that has "geeky" connotations may actually be enjoyable viewing to normal, well-adjusted people. If you'd said "I plan on watching every episode of 24 from the beginning", instead of Star Trek, no-one would have cared, but its cool to bash ST. ;)

On the topic though, just watch them like Muban says if you're that determined, seems to most logical to me, since the ToS movies really don't matter whether you watch them before or during TNG. Me personally, I'd rather simply go for watching the series as seperate entities (they really don't cross over all that much in the stories) and the films whenever I felt like it. But I guess that's not what you're after. :p

Back
Top Bottom