Star Trek Bridge Crew - Tonight?

Soldato
@Ravenger Emo_hug's post reminded me of a game I bought that I have barely played. I went looking in my Steam Library and found what it was, Pulsar: Lost Colony. I see that you have it as well. Did you try it, what do you think? It's a five player game. Might be worth trying some night. Get three of three others in the hangout crew to buy it and try it for a an hour or so and if they don't like it, they can get a refund.

Soldato
@Ravenger Emo_hug's post reminded me of a game I bought that I have barely played. I went looking in my Steam Library and found what it was, Pulsar: Lost Colony. I see that you have it as well. Did you try it, what do you think? It's a five player game. Might be worth trying some night. Get three of three others in the hangout crew to buy it and try it for a an hour or so and if they don't like it, they can get a refund.

I tried it but couldn't get into it. Seemed very obscure and unfinished.

Soldato
From Other Suns. However it is only three players only on Oculus PC platform, abandoned by the developer (though it does work) and never goes on sale.

Soldato
If it was in VR, maybe. But in it's current form it's no replacement for STBC :(

Have you ever played STBC?
in the distant past when it first came out with an oculas quest 1. havent gone back to it since.
partly due to the facebook requirement for login at which point i lost a lot of interest and partly waiting on PC upgrade budget for PC VR / Valve Standalone VR headset. and i didnt know anyone playing at the time, dont have that type of group. plus now time and space are a little issue after moving house.

i got the pancake version as well so i could try with my sister see if she might have been interested but it was a no go.

there are around 5 differant games doing something similar.
Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
Artimus Cosmos
PULSAR Lost Colony
Space Nerds in space
EmptyEpsilon
Quintet

See : short discussion on other other games

PULSAR Lost Colony comes up a lot so im interested to know your thoughts on it compared to STBC

i was hopeful Artemis Cosmos would have had a vr element in it but sadly not looking so far :/ will try and find a few to try this with at some point.

STBC really was the best VR installment of it, but the missiosn were quiet limited from what i read + lack of on going support sadly.

Last edited:
Soldato
in the distant past when it first came out with an oculas quest 1. havent gone back to it since.
partly due to the facebook requirement for login at which point i lost a lot of interest and partly waiting on PC upgrade budget for PC VR / Valve Standalone VR headset. and i didnt know anyone playing at the time, dont have that type of group. plus now time and space are a little issue after moving house.

i got the pancake version as well so i could try with my sister see if she might have been interested but it was a no go.

there are around 5 differant games doing something similar.
Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
Artimus Cosmos
PULSAR Lost Colony
Space Nerds in space
EmptyEpsilon
Quintet

See : short discussion on other other games

PULSAR Lost Colony comes up a lot so im interested to know your thoughts on it compared to STBC

i was hopeful Artemis Cosmos would have had a vr element in it but sadly not looking so far :/ will try and find a few to try this with at some point.

STBC really was the best VR installment of it, but the missiosn were quiet limited from what i read + lack of on going support sadly.

I didn't realise that Artemis game was available for the Quest. I just looked it at on Steam when you mentioned it and when it didn't say anything about VR there, I just presumed it wasn't. What did you think of it? If it's a decent game for more that 4 people, might be worth trying.

It's a shame about STBC. The missions were limited but it was still fantastic to play with friends. And a brilliant game for people new to VR. It really gave you a Star Trek buzz. Used to love the intro where you where you are in a shuttle just flying out and around your new space ship.

Trying to get the guys to give Pulsar a go. Hope it has solved a lot of the clunkiness it had when I last played it.

If you still have the Quest 1, you could join us on one of our space faring adventures?

Soldato
you were correct, Artemis sadly isnt a vr title, its a one man band programmer as best i can tell, so VR likely isnt going to be there.
I just though if you wanted a similar expirence it might work for you all, plus they just released a new version of ASBS and though of this thread when checking STBC delistin and patch notes.
i its the VR side of things your after this wont fit the bill
i knew it wasnt going to be the same as STBC but just thought it might have been fun for you all.
i'll have to Re-visist STBC i last tried it on pc Feb 2020. Its not really the same expirence with out people i think.

Doesnt seem Pulsar is a go for you all either sadley, no good alternatives to STBC :/
its a shame becuase STBC really is unique for what its offering, and could have had a lot more development pushed for it, from missions to a more freeform exploration style game play, open up to user generated content and access to server side scripting of missions.
seems like a dead duck at the moment :/
i currently have the Q1 but its more a door stop at the moment, i need to check it over before reviewing further, but honestly was looking to move to PC vr instead better longevity than the quest llife cycles. feel a bit burned with the Q1. i hope the Steam VR headset will be long supported if it ever releases i might consider that for standalone.

Soldato
you were correct, Artemis sadly isnt a vr title, its a one man band programmer as best i can tell, so VR likely isnt going to be there.
I just though if you wanted a similar expirence it might work for you all, plus they just released a new version of ASBS and though of this thread when checking STBC delistin and patch notes.
i its the VR side of things your after this wont fit the bill
i knew it wasnt going to be the same as STBC but just thought it might have been fun for you all.
i'll have to Re-visist STBC i last tried it on pc Feb 2020. Its not really the same expirence with out people i think.

Doesnt seem Pulsar is a go for you all either sadley, no good alternatives to STBC :/
its a shame becuase STBC really is unique for what its offering, and could have had a lot more development pushed for it, from missions to a more freeform exploration style game play, open up to user generated content and access to server side scripting of missions.
seems like a dead duck at the moment :/
i currently have the Q1 but its more a door stop at the moment, i need to check it over before reviewing further, but honestly was looking to move to PC vr instead better longevity than the quest llife cycles. feel a bit burned with the Q1. i hope the Steam VR headset will be long supported if it ever releases i might consider that for standalone.

Quest life cycles will be longer now, the q1 was a development/tester model, the q2 has 20 million sold, it's not going anywhere soon, maybe in another 2-3 years when the q4 comes out.

STBC was amazing, watching your friends operate and panic whilst trying to deal with your own issues is great fun, flat screen gaming doesn't bring the same feeling unfortunately.

Soldato
Surely some of these newer multiplayer pancake tiles could be played using vorpx or reshade so that you're in the game and not playing it on a monitor. May not be as good as native VR but way better than pancake.

Back
Top Bottom