Star Trek Bridge Crew - Tonight?

Soldato
Ok, I just tried Pulsar: Lost Colony for around ten minutes.

It's a lot different than Star Trek. The menus and interface aren't near as good. It's also not as intuitive. It's nice to be able to walk around your ship but the graphics do need a serious update. The controls are clunky as well.

Will need a lot more play time before I can say if it's going to be good or not.

Soldato
apparently , this was delisted in February and they are about to pull the plug

does this mean we can no longer play it ? :(

it was fun when we where playing this, RIP

This is sad. Don't know if I would have ever played it again. But, I did think that before then the pandemic happened and I started playing it again with you guys during lockdown. So, you just never know when you might start re-playing a game.

This game gave me some of the best laugh out loud moments that I have had in VR.

It's just as Shi said above, we had some really fun times playing this game. I enjoyed both the game and social side of it. I was always holding out hope that with the release of the Quest 2 and VR becoming more popular that they would release an updated version of the game. With some new missions, new ships etc. Guess it wasn't to be.

I would love a decent Star Trek game in VR.

Soldato
This is what I hate about modern multiplayer gaming - everything is closed source and based on company run servers, so they can pull the plug and your game is no longer playable.

Ironic we can still play classics like Doom, Quake 1, 2, and 3 online but more modern games basically disappear.

Soldato
It's nice the way that you pay for games and then now can't play them. I think a refund is in order.

From what I am reading, if you own the game you will still be able to play it single player. If you don't own the game you won't be able to buy it from now on.

As for a refund. Not very likely. We don't own the games that we buy.

Soldato
in place of STBC
may be : this sereies :https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/artemis-spaceship-bridge-simulator.18409987/

BUT for Star Trek Bridge Crew
i was reading up and saw a patch released :
https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/11514700/ -

Star Trek: Bridge Crew update for 20 June 2023​

theres still people playing or trying to at least so a bit confused if this is actually still usable or not

so for those with the equipment and heart sould and jazz might want to check to see if theres any life in the game and possibly restart playing for those missing the game.
so play ball

Back
Top Bottom