Star Trek Bridge Crew - Tonight?

Soldato
So, whilst I think Rec room may be a good option. I've been doing some research on different games, and this seems to have leapt out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252870/PULSAR_Lost_Colony/

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HW9-VTCZg

Devs are still working on it, released a devblog video just 2 days ago.

Space flight sim. Seems "similar" to bridge crew in that it takes a team to pilot the ship doing different roles, only you seem to be able to move around the ship, and have away missions too.

Soldato
So, whilst I think Rec room may be a good option. I've been doing some research on different games, and this seems to have leapt out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252870/PULSAR_Lost_Colony/

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HW9-VTCZg

Devs are still working on it, released a devblog video just 2 days ago.

Space flight sim. Seems "similar" to bridge crew in that it takes a team to pilot the ship doing different roles, only you seem to be able to move around the ship, and have away missions too.

Man, that's a nice find Mr. Unseul!! Count me in for that. It looks fantastic. It reads like everything I wanted Star Trek Bridge Crew to be.

Soldato
We'd need an extra on top of our usual 4 if we're going for it.

EDIT - And it looks like it's the captains game? The rest are drop ins? I presume skills/equipment carry over whoever drops in.

Soldato
Looks a bit like a cross between Bridge Crew and From Other Suns.

Other games we can try:
Walkabout Mini Golf (This is ace, and a great social experience)
Rec Room, especially the quests and is free.
Big Screen (Watch a movie or TV show together and trash talk)
Payday 2 (Perform a heist together)
Phasmophobia (Investigate ghosts - very scary).
No Mans Sky - I've played this exclusively single player. Would be good to try with a group.
The Forest - co-op survival in a scary forest.
Zero Caliber - COD co-op essentially
Pavlov / Contractors / Onward - more MP shooters that can be co-op.
Minecraft ('nuff said)
Population One (Three player only)
Elite
Echo Arena / Combat

Last edited:
Underboss
just watched the trailer on my PC on that lost colony

we have all got to buy this !

and go at the same rate together, stick together

we can alternate , so Monday one week we go ST, next week this game, back to ST then this again the following week

oh and it was released in 2015
6 years in BETA, but they are improving it all the time apparently

looks good

Soldato
From the looks of it, I'd be happy to switch out star trek for this to be honest, they seem very similar, just with extra content and a more continuous experience. Maybe finish the main campaign on star trek first though, we've only got one more mission to go.

Underboss
jeez that mission is hard

we need to finish that one before moving on !

think we need to just concentrate on the warbird, avoid detection, get behind him, power up the phases, target their weapons FIRST, then we can take out there engines, and keep disrupting their weapons

how does that sound ?

Soldato
jeez that mission is hard

we need to finish that one before moving on !

think we need to just concentrate on the warbird, avoid detection, get behind him, power up the phases, target their weapons FIRST, then we can take out there engines, and keep disrupting their weapons

how does that sound ?

Sounds like you should be Captain!! oh wait... :p:D

Seriously, though, it's hard to know what is the right way. Unseul's idea of staying in the sector where we are fighting the Warbird on it's own is a good idea, unless of course, it's not possible to kill him in that sector and the game wants us to jump to the next area. Like he was killing us in that first sector, but we killed him pretty easy after we jumped.

Soldato
He was already badly injured when we jumped, which is why it was so easy. Had we stuck around we could have had him.

I think we disrupt his weapons as he's lining up to shoot a barrage at us, then lay into him. Target his weapons once his shields are down through regular phaser fire, and also time a disrupt weapons with lowering our shields so we can teleport the item off.

Then if that buys us time, we repair, let shields reset, and go in quietly with full engines into the next sector, try and scan the weapons on the enemy ships, skirt around them, and when the time comes, disrupt one of them, and full speed full shields to the exit?

Back
Top Bottom