US: Star Trek: Discovery

Soldato
Yey! I'll watch it, just to finish, but wow it got bad.

Disappointing as it started out great and it was good to have Trek back on our screens. Pike and Lorca were fantastic, Georgiou was very good - so some really interesting stuff.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
This entire thread needs purging and filters applied to block any further talk of this abomination.

Soldato
Honestly, can't say I'm going to miss it when it's gone...

I can happily rewatch all the early series, although I'm not a huge fan of TOS (except Nimoy as Spock) but that's as much due to growing up with Picard as 'my' Star Trek captain, but I've had absolutely zero interest in rewatching Discovery, actually same goes for Picard sadly.

Season 1 was ok, primarily due to Georgiou (you could see she knew how to act...) and that gives me hope for the section 31 series if it ever gets made...
Season 2 had Pike/Spock (don't actually mind this Spock...) in it and basically had the fans craving more of them instead of Discovery.. good job too because SNW is arguably the best of the new series... funny how the series with characters and episodes closest to 'star trek' ends up being the best of the new releases.... maybe the original creator of Star Trek was onto something lol.
Season 3....um, can't even remember that one very well...
Season 4....yeah same issue, think it had a bit orb eating up space/planets
Season 5, I'll probably watch it but it's not going to suddenly make Discovery into a top tier series.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll watch to its conclusion just to see how it ends.

I am happy i have Strange New Worlds , Lower Decks and Prodigy. I'll enjoy them as long as they continue. Picard S3 is also been great so far. So with all thos3, it's clear possibly to make good modern Trek that is watchable.

Soldato
Now cancelled. Season 5 will be the last.

About time.

Thank ******* ******! It's finally over...

I stopped watching after they shoved more pronouns down our necks, I've git no problem with trans people or characters if they're well written and likeable but they're sole selling point is their identity on a show that's meant to be in a utopian society where people don't care about identity politics! Obviously not mu only problem with the show but was the final straw.

Picard season 3, makes me angry... only seen 2 episodes but other than more Raffy whinging and self loathing it's been excellent. It's been what it should have been from season 1.

Soldato
To be fair though, the show has changed a lot since S1. Different showrunners with different ideas, wants etc.

I think it finally found its feet when they launched it into the far future. Still far from being decent but still they course corrected and salvaged what they could.

I am surprised that the final season isn't airing till 2024. When they have been working on it since last year now.

Soldato
No idea how it even lasted 5 seasons, makes the pain of so many good tv shows which never even get a 2nd season all the more real.
They needed a big name show with a big budget to get people to subscribe to CBS All Access that's why they stuck with it. Money talks at the end of day and if STD a show that clearly has a lot money spent on it isn't pulling in the numbers CBS wants it's only going to end one way.

I couldn't stand this show, probably the worse television show in history of television (given the money spent on it). Everything it did was bad, plot lines were ludicrous (not to mention plagiarised), the writing was crap filled with plot holes and terrible lines (Spock "I like science", yeah very creative, did the work experience kid write the script that day?). The characters and the so called heroes were nasty, horrible, vindictive pieces of work that no normal person could warm to and when people rejected them they roped in legacy characters who suffered the ignominy of being on this show.

Soldato
Because people watched it, that’s about the only metric they use.
Obviously a lot of us watched S1 it because we're Star Trek fans and some kept with it through S2 hoping this would turn around but it never caught on. CBS doesn't revil it's viewership numbers on it subscriber platform but we do know when they gave this show away for free on there prime time main network STD S1 finished the season as CBS's worst rated show.

Back
Top Bottom