Star Trek Online

Associate
Yes, I posted a bit about it in the other Star Trek thread.

The beta has expanded from a 2 hour session on a Thursday to a 3 hour session this week :rolleyes: Haven't read if the usual 2 hour session on a Saturday is also changing yet.

Associate
Which beta has 3 sessions? STO has had 2 sessions of 2 hours per week since October. This week was the first time the Thrusday night session was increased to 3 hours.

Man of Honour
OP
Still no beta access for me. 6 month CO sub, running out of time :(

Same, I have a lifetime and still no access. We aren't missing much at the moment though. Will use the open beta to get my bearings and then will be all ready for the headstart. Ground combat looks terrible, but space combat looks very good.

Man of Honour
OP
_Andyh_ you bought the CO subscription and you're still not in? That's pretty poor...

I managed to get into the beta, with a few of my clan mates lucky enough to get in too.

The collectors edition does have some bonus features, allbeit a little on the slim side. Some info on it can be found at my site: http://www.ufplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2263

Quite a lot of the subscribers aren't in. Most have just given up.

Soldato
Is it me, or does every video no matter the subject descend into random space battles half way through?

Star Trek is supposed to be more then just blowing stuff up :(

Man of Honour
OP
Is it me, or does every video no matter the subject descend into random space battles half way through?

There is lots of other stuff aswell e.g. exploration, but no one wants to see a video of that :)...plus, if you have seen the story line videos you will know that the federation is at war. Of course there will be lots of battles...I for one can't wait :D

The latest STOked video is up at http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=1504. A good video summarizing the most recent news and discussing the history of the STO IP (and discussing the issue you mention).

Last edited:
Associate

Yeah, I want to do quests by making up some scientific reason!

“I could go out and kill those space rats but if I reverse the polarity of the air they will all die. So, give me my exp and loot now please!” :p

Associate
Yeah it would go some thing like this ....

Capt kirk1111...quick sulu999 raise shields we are taking fire from klingons rock guild.

Sulu999.... my mum says i gotta log, cya guys...

Capt kirk1111.... W T F ..... BOOOOOM.

That made me chuckle :p

Soldato
I'll probably refuse to play it but keep reading forums posts. Eventually, I will read a post which will get me interested (probably whilst in work) and will spend the rest of the day thinking of nothing but getting home and playing it. It will take over my life and I will sing its praises as the next best thing. 2 weeks later I'll uninstall it.

^^

this completely.

Don't know how many times I've been in at the start of an MMO joined a guild and watched as everyone get's to endgame months before me and I'm left with alts and powerlevellers unless you can devote 6 hours per day in the 1st 3 months of any MMO you'll never catch up and won't ever enjoy them.

Soldato
If the sole aim of an MMORPG is to get to the "end game" then it's a crap game and simply not worth playing.
Unless you can jump into the game as a complete newbie and still enjoy the experience then people simply haven't bothered and the game should be avoided.

There are plenty of games you could join even now as a complete newbie, still enjoy and still not neccessarily be in any kind of hurry to "max your character".

If you think the sole aim is to get to the end game and run around "maxxed" you aren't getting even half out of an MMORPG that you should.

Back
Top Bottom