Star Trek Online

Man of Honour
292px-Star_Trek_Online_cover.jpg

Official site - http://www.startrekonline.com/

Federation ship chart - http://www.spidermitch.com/STO/SpidermitchFEDShipChart.jpg

Klingon ship chart - http://www.spidermitch.com/STO/KDF/SpidermitchKDFShipChart.jpg

***Join the OcUK fleet - "Full Impulse"***
- Post in this thread if you want an invite
- We are a casual, friendly fleet - no drama here :)

***Join the OcUK private in-game chat channel***
- To do this when in-game, go to chat settings (bottom right of your chat window there is a menu), go to the channels tab at the top, type OcUK and after a few seconds the create button will change to JOIN. Click it!
- This channel will allow us to talk amongst ourselves and ask/answer questions regardless of the zone/instance that you are in :)

***OcUK players (<Captain name>@username)*** - post yours here to be added to the list!
- Friends can be added by going to http://www.startrekonline.com/ and inserting the @username into the "Add Friend" box.
Code:
[B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]OcUK name[/COLOR][/B]                [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]STO @handle[/COLOR][/B]            [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Captain[/COLOR][/B]              [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Starship[/COLOR][/B]
Captainrave              @captainrave           Antero               U.S.S. Silver Star
VaderDSL                 @NDawn                 Muv                  U.S.S. Manchester
flibby                   @flibby                Enka                 U.S.S. Lucrecia 
greeny_fastcar           @CDGreen               Adriana
EvilGrin                 @Jarakin  
BlizzardX                @Benoire               Solomon Taher        U.S.S. Karoki
duc999                   @GaryO
Frenzy                   @creomortis 
TheMightyTen             @WardenRed 
Eva01                    @Bennehmaru 
gord                     @g0rd 
Pyroblaze                @KabaalGen 
nikebee                  @nikebee
Gackt                    @Scilarion
Daniee                   @danieed               Niselay              U.S.S. Pancakes
Swifty55                 @Swiftels              Swift                U.S.S. ESIRPRETNE-i/ii/iii
spudbynight              @spudbynight 
perry081064              @Hiaaw 
Casdawer                 @Casdawer
atpbx                    @atpbx                 atpbx
Cozman                   @CozzyUK
Turambar                 @Garec
WotDa                    @Jazazze
rippling                 @rippling
Venares                  @Venares 
ItchyTrigg               @ItchyTrigg            Mal
nIckEl101                @nickel101             Jok
pzr vr6                  @neil_armstrong
TimBrad                  @TimBrad
Corkhead                 @alphabeta765
jamief                   @jamief00
.:MBK:.                  @-MBK-
Ewanb75                  @Ewanb75
DragonWoLf               @XceptOneAlpha 
Barno                    @-B-
[YG]Bug-Eyed             @Isenduil 
Furbs                    @Tom0r                 Tomor                U.S.S. Avenger 
Geralt                   @Reppyboyo
West                     @West9                 Sam Westley          U.S.S. Cooper 
Moley                    @jamiemoles            Clay                 U.S.S. Roanoke
matty114                                                             U.S.S. Manchester Utd
Silent-Lucidity          @silent-lucidity       Txiven
G-Man                    @Kaput 
cutchy2k                 @Flyheit 
Cozman                                          Cozzy Wozzy          U.S.S. Grey Dove
speeduk                  @speeduk69             Jadzia
badgeruk                 @killerog              Raven
Huddy                    @huddy                 Tahna
JGBR                     @JGBR                  James Fisher
KnightStalker            @Viluxia               Viluxia              U.S.S. Phalanx-71 
Cavallino                @_Cavallino_           Issac
No1newts                 @Cmndr_Newts           Jerod
No1newts                 @Cmndr_Newts           Arisha Dral
andshrew                 @andshrew              Andshrew
wozencl                  @neomarxist            Alane
john_s                   @john_0974             John
woppy101                 @woppy101              Woppy
_Andyh_                  @Andyh                 Lokai
sniffy                   @Sniffy_               Sniffy
ffallic                  @eyetrip               Simos
ffallic                  @buzz999               Dapos
NeoReloaded              @NeoReloaded           NeoReloaded
Yetiii                   @YetiiiUK              YetiiiUK
Mr Roper                 @MrRoper               Roper
139sroberts              @139sroberts           Kirk
Windle                   @Captain_Windle        Moose                U.S.S. Gary
jahujames                @JahuJames             Jahu
mart981                  @Rokit                 Book                 U.S.S. Rokit
Monkeymatt               @Bethelill             Price
EDDS                     @EDDS                  EDDS
EDDS                     @EDDS                  Buffy
iamdjdz                  @Iamdjdz               Iamdjdz              U.S.S. Behemoth
~Divine~Wind~            @J1135                 Odin
hlw86                    @Ashton187             Ashton
ste2005                  @Stevo01               SteveO 
York                     @Soulfishy             Soulfishy
Aegis                    @AegisPrime            Weyland              U.S.S. Aegis
Mp4                      @Mp4                   Gareth
utajoker                 @utajoker              Elis
Oxy                      @craptakular           Nutmos
Luw                      @Luwen                 Luwen
Gezza2008                @Real_Anarchy          Diablos
Landy                    @landy24               landy
theo                     @thop                  Onyxceptable
Thundycat                @thundycat             Thundycat
mcrustk2                 @Will Riker            Hoth
Anon-e-mouse             @Anon-e-mouse          Anon-e-mouse
krisab                   @krisab                SniffBoo

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Didn't know the beta applications where open, just looked now and it appears to be closed -.-

People who ordered 6 month or lifetime subs for Champions Online get access. I am a CO lifer, so at the end of the year get access to the Star Trek Online beta :). Given how many subs have been sold I doubt there will be many free keys being given out for a while!

Man of Honour
OP
Well those that got a life time sub for Champions online will be the first to know.

But fingers crossed I get in.

Will let you all know ;). 6 monthers have access also.

I was slightly more excited about the first developers version but i'm sure this will do just fine :)

Agreed, but Cryptic seem to be doing a solid job with this one. I really really hope the game is good. Reminds me a lot of the first Starfleet Command.

Man of Honour
OP
Wouldn't be too sadface over it, you've only missed 4 hours this week :)

But it'll be increased very quickly.

I like the ship combat but the person to person combat just looks a complete joke. Having a phaser fight when everyone is about one foot away from each other looks very poor.

A FPS style would have been so much better and made it epic but that looks more like a trekkie convension reinacting their favourite battle scene.

Hopefully im wrong but doesnt look too promising from those screen shots.

Yes, many of the previews have criticised ground combat. Ship combat looks great though. Dont they are going to get the ground combat right.

Man of Honour
OP
Still no beta access for me. 6 month CO sub, running out of time :(

Same, I have a lifetime and still no access. We aren't missing much at the moment though. Will use the open beta to get my bearings and then will be all ready for the headstart. Ground combat looks terrible, but space combat looks very good.

Man of Honour
OP
_Andyh_ you bought the CO subscription and you're still not in? That's pretty poor...

I managed to get into the beta, with a few of my clan mates lucky enough to get in too.

The collectors edition does have some bonus features, allbeit a little on the slim side. Some info on it can be found at my site: http://www.ufplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2263

Quite a lot of the subscribers aren't in. Most have just given up.

Man of Honour
OP
Is it me, or does every video no matter the subject descend into random space battles half way through?

Star Trek is supposed to be more then just blowing stuff up :(

There is lots of other stuff aswell e.g. exploration, but no one wants to see a video of that :)...plus, if you have seen the story line videos you will know that the federation is at war. Of course there will be lots of battles...I for one can't wait :D

The latest STOked video is up at http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=1504. A good video summarizing the most recent news and discussing the history of the STO IP (and discussing the issue you mention).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
They haven't said what it will be yet. Probably your standard MMO fee, although with the recent interest surrounding the beta I can see them increasing this fee.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks :) Last time i checked they didnt have uk sites listed :(

Am i sad for considering this?

Q: Do the exclusive items stack? Can I get more than one thing?

A: Yes, different items stack. So if someone purchased multiple copies of the game from various retailers, he would receive all those items for EACH character created. Included playtime will still stack as well. However, the same bonus does not stack. So if someone purchases from Wal Mart twice, he cannot get two 500 point skill bonuses for the same character. (Each character will get one).

The ships and the weapon look interesting.

Game time from each stacks also. Don't forget to check out the DIrect2Drive version too. Some nice bonuses on there (not sure if they have updated the retail page with the UK Direct2Drive).

Back
Top Bottom