US: Star Trek: Picard (US)

Soldato
As i've said, i enjoyed it, i also enjoyed it as a continuation of TNG.

But maybe for some of you, you need to give up on what "I" think of "as" Star Trek. It is something different now and it is a solid Sci-Fi adventure.

As i've said, i enjoyed it, i also enjoyed it as a continuation of TNG.

But maybe for some of you, you need to give up on what "I" think of "as" Star Trek. It is something different now and it is a solid Sci-Fi adventure.
Star Trek is certainly very different but the story telling is far from solid. Almost seems like the David Bowie approach of writing. Put a load of plot points on strips of paper and throw them in the air and then draw them randomly to "write" the story. The main difference being is the Bowie had talent. This is just time wasting non sensical crap.

Soldato
Some butt hurt people here :)

Move on, stop putting yourselves through the 'torture' of watching shows you're not enjoying - then you don't have to post every week about how it's not what you want and how you aren't enjoying it.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Soldato
Generic dumb response reply #1...

Who said i was talking about you?

Generic dumb response reply #2...

No need to take it personally and resort to name calling.

Generic dumb response reply #3...

Your link doesn't work :D

Generic dumb response reply #4...

It's Sunday, chill.

Soldato
"Generic dumb respone" isn't resorting to name calling.

Who are you talking to? If you want to avoid misunderstanding, then address people directly if you have something to say - especially if you're gonna pull the 'butt hurt' card.

EDIT: To address your other post, people continued to watch it in hope that it will improve, or at least have some redeeming qualities that help them to get past it's major shortcomings.
I put myself through 3 seasons of Discovery before calling it a day for example. The scales were not favorable to say the least.

If you enjoyed it, that's great. However, you're in a very small minority of people that consider it to be solid sci-fi, considering much of the complaints about it are to do with it lacking actual sci-fi.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who are you talking to? If you want to avoid misunderstanding, then address people directly if you have something to say

In that case, you should follow your own internet police rules :)

I refer you back to Generic dumb response reply #4...

I gave up on Discovery, when it proved time after time, it was terrible. Picard I too gave up on until the first episode showed a tiny bit of promise but from there it was a steep decline until the finale which was laughable. They teased a return of the Enterprise and it's crew for the next series but I'm out, it's going to be much the same poor writing. Now there is the Captain Pike or maybe the Number one show which has also started with a little promise but an overly female centric crew and one obvious Lesbian so you know it will be filled with more identity politics and not so much story telling. I hope I'm wrong, I'll give it a go but I hold very little hope.

Soldato
I really enjoyed Discovery with Captain Lorca - but yes, with each season it has degraded :(

I am still watching as there are still some very good moments, but overall, far too many bad moments :(

Highly rated SNW, i just hope they keep that standard up.

Soldato
And you're not name calling then eh? :)

That's also a really pathetic comeback, are you 12 years old?
Nice selective quoting there. Also, good to see that you're continuing to avoid answering any of the questions I've asked.

You said I should follow my own internet police rules, which I presume is some vague attempt at saying I should've quoted you, when you know full well I'm talking to you or you wouldn't be replying.
So yeah, you're trying and failing to look clever while avoiding direct questions. Which, funnily enough is something that 12 year olds do - along with saying stuff like 'butt hurt' when people don't share their opinion.

And no, that still wasn't name calling ':)'

Soldato
i'll let you into a secret, other people are allowed to have different viewpoints to you.

I enjoyed Picard, certainly not perfect, but for ME, a solid piece of Sci-Fi. You didn't enjoy it and that's perfectly fine.

As for the butt hurt comment, some have watched S1 and then S2 - so around 20 hours of TV, watched 4 seasons of Discovery and each week complain about how bad it is - i think after YEARS of TV if i was not enjoying a show this badly, i think i would have moved on by now - i have better things to do with my life.

Almost as bad as the same posters in The Walking Dead - 10+ years of viewing - still not enjoying it, but they still keep watching and posting about how bad it is!!!

Can we kiss and make up and agree to disagree?

Soldato
I never once said you weren't entitled to have a different viewpoint, or that you were flat out wrong to have enjoyed it.
We can definitely agree to disagree on it being a solid piece of sci-fi :)

If it helps to clear anything up, I'll refer you to this in case you missed the edit:

EDIT: To address your other post, people continued to watch it in hope that it will improve, or at least have some redeeming qualities that help them to get past it's major shortcomings.
I put myself through 3 seasons of Discovery before calling it a day for example. The scales were not favorable to say the least.
If you enjoyed it, that's great. However, you're in a very small minority of people that consider it to be solid sci-fi, considering much of the complaints about it are to do with it lacking actual sci-fi.

Soldato
There were cool bits here and there but then they were overshown by the bad parts.

So what about voyager now that the borg in the past will have jurati as their queen lol?

Like? Is the timeline changed?

Back
Top Bottom