US: Star Trek: Picard (US)

Soldato
Now i've actually watched it rather than reading reactions on forums I must say that I enjoyed that greatly. I hope the rest of the season along with "Strange New Worlds" can live up to this sort of quality.

The contrast between what i've just watched & Discovery is massive!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
This thread should be moved to the US forum. The episode hasnt aired in the UK yet, so spoilers should be used as per the rules.

A more than fair point. I'll RTM my post.

Quick question though - did we ever have a Picard thread in the US section? I know we have a Disco one, and a Lower Decks one.

Caporegime
. The part where the Irish Romulan was becoming a attracted to a man 40 years older than her seemed ridiculous and highly cringe Also why is the murdering blonde woman still in it and not imprisoned?

In trek lore Romulans can live upto 250 years of age so likely she's already older than him.

As for blondie she mentions why she's not imprisoned in the episode

Caporegime
It's out in Europe now ....

Anyway. Apart from cringe worthy dialogue, people don't talk like this, who writes this, it was ok....

Basically remove season 1. It appears to not even remotely matter. Which is fine.

Everyone wanted a Picard back on a federation fleet ship. I hope this isn't just fan service to get the doubters back....

It will be.

Ep2 is going to be awful, I predict it'll be back to touch feely, characters monologuing at each other etc.

A universe without Picard..... algonna be a 7 episode Q episode of TNG but somehow still completely miss the point.

just no it looks ridiculous and get rid of small face comedy timing doctor woman

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that was the dogs gonads!

Didn't like romulan chick cosying up to Picard, felt creepy from him and her a gold digger after his chateau - lol.

Guinan - when Picard first transported in, he was looking at the address, camera lingered and the music changed, were we meant to recognise any of this? Any list of Easter eggs yet?

Rafi - not much of her which is a great thing, but does she have a tic or something? Everytime she sees or speaks to Picard, she has to wink at him - very annoying!

Borg - Queen was cool AF, very sinister.

Q - very cool and love the quick age and explanation!

I thought season 1 ep1, we were in for some great Trek - that quickly went down the pan, but fingers crossed s2 keeps up with this level of writing.

Soldato
The reason i said the thread should be moved to the US forum was because virtually everybody who comments on the episodes are watching them when they release in the US, a day before the UK release. It doesnt bother me in the slightest however for the sake of not having to spoiler everything it's easier to just have a US thread. If you dont like it, the UK thread still exists....

Caporegime
Wonder what ever happened the uss copy paste, didn't see it with it with rest of the actual recognizable starfleet ships. There was meant to be a few different variations of that thing in season 1 but the differences must have been minute at best.

Jury's out on if that Q was fully cg or deaged, didn't look the best even from distance so I'm going with full cg, all 3 seconds of it.

Warp effect is still ultra gay.:mad:

The other romulan living with picard is dead now? Can't even recall that happening :confused:

Nobody immediately equates the tear in space being borg green....with...the borg? Wut?

Overall though a drastic improvement on just about every aspect of season 1, seeing ships you recognize the lineage of helps it feel more trek like.

Soldato
Why has my post been moved here? Also, would the mod that moved it and who basically accused me of doing something illegal be willing to offer a public apology?

eAMb3gE.png

Back
Top Bottom