Star Wars Battlefront II

Associate
The minister of Justice wants to ban in-game purchases, if you don't know exactly what it will contain. "Combining gambling and gaming, especially at a young age, is dangerous for the mental health of the child.

The commotion started last week with the new game Star Wars: Battlefront in the the game you could buy so called "loot boxes", virtual boxes which could contain advantages for the game. You don't know however what it contains beforehand.

"The combination of money and addiction is gambling", ruled the gambling committee. VTM News brought the news and a few days later EA withdrew the function from the game, partially because Disney complained, which has the rights to the Star Wars merchandise.

Geens now wants to prevent that these kinds of funtions will be in any games going forward. "But that takes time, because we have to go to Europe. We will definitely try to ban it."

https://nieuws.vtm.be/vtm-nieuws/binnenland/geens-wil-gokken-games-verbieden

Belgium says loot boxes are gambling, wants them banned in Europe

Soldato
Games with loot boxes that can be purchased with money for should be 18 rated. I think it would be a good idea to make developers show what items you can get and the chance.

Last edited:
Commissario
Caved in and bought it, campaign done in 6 hours and now trying online. Looks like it’s bloody impossible as there’s so many heroes :(

Soldato
So I reached Rank 20 last night.

In its current state, with the existing maps and modes, I'm not sure there's much life in this game. I cant see me putting in hundreds of hours like with the first game.

Forgetting about loot boxes and progression, the game has bigger issues. The first game was much more thought out imo, better maps, better modes and a better home screen.

Caporegime
Been playing the trial of this and have to say i've been quite enjoying it, although some of the heroes feel they need a bit of tweaking (Palpatine i'm looking at you). The amount of heroes all at one time can be ridiculous as well.

The space battles are fun as well, which I didn't think i'd be bothered about. Tempted to pick it up whilst it's £30 digital on the Xbox.

Caporegime
I ended up buying it whilst it was still on sale, i'm yet to play the single player campaign and there seems to be quite a bit of time to spend in arcade as well so it felt worth it to me.

The MP although fun does seem to get a bit samey, they could do with some game modes that are just troopers as the constant wave of heroes on GA is tiresome.

Caporegime
I'm trading my copy in at weekend I just find it tiresome :(

I find the lack of server browser/map selection tiresome, you seem to end up playing the same 2/3 maps over and over again. For example i've played Hoth once in maybe 20 hours, yet the Crait(sp) one probably 25 times.

It's not a bad game per se, the progression system desperately needs work though as it's an incredibly tedious grind to level star cards. The loot crate system also has far too much RNG involved, duplicates in particular are an annoyance.

Back
Top Bottom