** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Have to say i think that sabre looked retarded, is there any real reason for 2 dinky laser blades that close to the grip? Just makes no sense looking at it.

And it seems the empire is still around in this one? Tie Fighters, storm troopers etc? Apparently they've rebuilt somehow. :confused:

In what way?

Some of the designs. I can't reference some exact examples at the moment, but there are many, many comics/books/games that all share similar designs in the antagonist/villain, storm troopers, speeders etc. Having an ageing Han and co up against the Empire has been a popular choice for a story after ROTJ for many years, and while we still don't know a lot, I would find it difficult to believe they wouldn't have been inspired in some way by the catalogue of work out there - there is some fantastic stuff!

Have to say i think that sabre looked retarded, is there any real reason for 2 dinky laser blades that close to the grip? Just makes no sense looking at it.

And it seems the empire is still around in this one? Tie Fighters, storm troopers etc? Apparently they've rebuilt somehow. :confused:

Yep, so the other light saber runs against it and then cuts the handle in two. It is utterly retarded, and wow some ships flying close to the ground, whoopie do.

I think they could have released anything and people would be going yippee can't wait.

Empire still does exist in the expanded universe.

On imdb someone posted that the tri saber thing is to protect their hands from getting cut off by other sabers since you cant slide down it with an enemy saber anymore... Makes quite a lot of sense.

On imdb someone posted that the tri saber thing is to protect their hands from getting cut off by other sabers since you cant slide down it with an enemy saber anymore... Makes quite a lot of sense.

That's what a normal guard is for, with a light saber it just forces the blade into the handle killing your weapon. Style over function and no thought behind it. As with everything in the trailer. It is JJ though.

Last edited:
:eek: that millennium falcon bit :eek:

looks great, let the hype commence !

falcon.png

Last edited:
Agree with Glaucus, it doesn't seem anything particulalry inpsiring and the hilt on the lightsabre look silly and is completely unnecessary

Honestly I think i prefered some of the fan made teasers.

Yeah stupid, show horn another sabre in for the sake of it. They went thousands of years with just a single or double blade. In the prequels SLJ wanted a purple blade, fair enough. Then Disney have conjured up the Inquisitor, another sith with another retarded lightsabre and now this broadsword with a hilt that would do the wielder more damage :D

Every one of these films is going to **** on the lore of the first 3, I guess we better get used to it. The Rebels series is just awful, can't believe it got made awful. Actually kids Luke wasn't the last of the jedi and there's more sith than two.

I aint gonna lie when I saw the black trooper stand up, the droids head on a world cup football and the awful looking speeder, on my sons life I thought star wars.com was duping me with another fan film. My fav quote on the SW facebook page.....

"The lightsaber is a joke. The rest looks amazing. And a black guy. I knew Lando would populate the Galaxy. My man wore a cape so you knew he was pimpin"

Back
Top Bottom