Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Soldato
Could have been so much better if you could fast travel between mediation points of you could set waypoints and guide you to where you want to go once unlocked or previously visited.

I thought you could? It’s certainly looking like you can in Survivor (I haven’t pressed the button yet).

Soldato
Yeah.. I’m just about to finish up the first three planets, and I feel like I’ve seen enough. Wish it was just a traditional hack and slash like older titles, rather than a soulslike. I don’t think it does the game any favours honestly.

Soldato
I so wanted to like the first as I’ve been a big fan of what Respawn have done in the past but I thought it was all a bit dull. Shame.

Just give us Titanfall 3 already.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see why Digital Foundry were not given review code from the latest PS5 version video. Drops to 720p upscaled badly to 1440p to maintain near 30fps in quality mode. I’m sure S/X is the same from what I have seen so far. The game really was not anywhere near finished and should not have been released but it’s EA so no surprises really.

Soldato
I'm still playing the first one and tbh it's a poor mans assassins creed. Combat is nowhere near as free flowing as AC but it's a reasonable game. Could have been so much better if you could fast travel between mediation points of you could set waypoints and guide you to where you want to go once unlocked or previously visited. Lost count of the number of times I've come back a few days later and gotten completely lost. Some parts are incredibly frustrating just to make it back to the ship.

If the 2nd game follows that same format I can wait a year or so before I even bother doing this again.
I believe you can fast travel in the new one. Agree with you though, first wasn't great and I couldn't be bothered to finish it off although I played it on gamepass so didn't feel like I needed to. Having a lightsaber is cool but it can't carry a pretty average game.

Soldato
Watched the Digitalfoundry analysis for this game and they said the PS5 version in performance mode sometimes drops below 720p :eek: Seems that this really should have been delayed by a few months.

Man of Honour
Watched the Digitalfoundry analysis for this game and they said the PS5 version in performance mode sometimes drops below 720p :eek: Seems that this really should have been delayed by a few months.

It shows too. Go to the first large open area and it stutters like crazy with barely any textures loaded in. Ended up with a headache. Enclosed areas are fine. They have some work to do.

Associate
Performance aside I’m really enjoying this. Just a shame performance is so variable.
Is the difficulty all over the place with this one ? I didn't gel with the 1st game for that reason. I also found the level design very frustrating with a huge amount of backtracking. I normally don't mind metroidvania style games, but Fallen Order took it to the nth degree.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is the difficulty all over the place with this one ? I didn't gel with the 1st game for that reason. I also found the level design very frustrating with a huge amount of backtracking. I normally don't mind metroidvania style games, but Fallen Order took it to the nth degree.

So far no backtracking (lots more shortcuts and unique ways of getting back, plus fast travel I think, but haven’t used that yet) and difficulty has been more consistent, finding it easier so far - playing the same difficulty as the first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had my first random crash back to Xbox home. The
gardening
was obviously too taxing. Dumped me ******* miles from where I was and had to re-do a load of stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spoiler-y screen shot

28eb80d7-7f0a-40c5-94d1-f91bb7852c69.png

Caporegime
Played a lot of this over the weekend and I have to say performance aside they have created a very enjoyable game to play. It’s huge as well, so many areas and bits to collect.

Back
Top Bottom