Star Wars: The Acolyte

Man of Honour
But isn't it not just the date of birth but the age they live to? It'd be like changing luke to all of a sudden by 200 years old with no reason

Perhaps - but it’s a minor alien character that, let’s be honest, nobody reaaally gives a poop about. Nobody in this thread mentioned it as a peeve before yesterday.

It sounds like they either ****ed up or retconned it - and I can see it being annoying if you’re a die-hard, I get that, but aligning it with ‘pushing a narrative’ is a bit much.

I seem to remember they messed up some stuff like this in the Fantastic Beasts films as well (Harry Potter).

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps - but it’s a minor alien character that, let’s be honest, nobody reaaally gives a poop about. Nobody in this thread mentioned it as a peeve before yesterday.

It sounds like they either ****ed up or retconned it - and I can see it being annoying if you’re a die-hard, I get that, but aligning it with ‘pushing a narrative’ is a bit much.

I seem to remember they messed up some stuff like this in the Fantastic Beasts films as well (Harry Potter).
Erm, probably because 'before yesterday' it was known and accepted that he wouldn't have been around in this time period?

The inclusion of the character is symptomatic of everything wrong with this iteration of star wars.

Man of Honour
Erm, probably because 'before yesterday' it was known and accepted that he wouldn't have been around in this time period?

The inclusion of the character is symptomatic of everything wrong with this iteration of star wars.

If he only showed up this week, then that’s a fair point! I was reading this article that suggested he was in the third episode.

The Acolyte Episode 3 featured a surprise cameo appearance from Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, who also was a part of the prequel trilogy and The Clone Wars as a master on the Jedi Council.

Or - maybe there was some timing / chronology stuff that only came about in the fourth episode that means the problem only came up this week. In which case ditto, point taken!

Last edited:
Soldato
They could have easily avoided the entire situation, by just simply calling the character Si-Badi-Mundi instead or anything else besides Ki-Adi-Mundi and then they can do what ever they want with the lore, his uncle/cousin or distant relative or if they really must his non-binary trans identifying whatever to please the people that probably don't watch it anyway.

I don't remember seeing him in episode 3, if he was he wasn't credited or in the cast list on imdb.

Last edited:
They could have easily avoided the entire situation, by just simply calling the character Si-Badi-Mundi instead or anything else besides Ki-Adi-Mundi and then they can do what ever they want with the lore, his uncle/cousin or distant relative or if they really must his non-binary trans identifying whatever to please the people that probably don't watch it anyway
Exactly. Why use existing characters that have been barely used any way, so surely it's only to get the fans existed to see them, only to change that character any way. Just make up a whole new one. They have a whole galaxy ffs

Soldato
Episode 3

oh jesus bad child acting is always difficult......
They should have made this 1000 years before "star wars" and they could get away with this but this feels too out there for its time.
Villeneuve's Bene Gesserit rip off.
This has the seed of something but its not being watered properly :p

VERY flammable rocks loooooooooooooooooll obviously the jedi sabotaged the place, but if it turns out they didnt then jesus wept.
Jesus wept some more... who wrote this? or who ... oh whatever lol no one wrote it they must have chatGPted it.
Squid game is the only decent thing about this.

So the point headed witch or the green headed jedi master is the sith. An omg you assumed it was a male role etc etc.

Associate
Well Episode 4 watched and another dull awful affair.

Please tell me it's only a 6 part series. Unfortunately it seems another series of the crap is going to be made.

Man of Honour
I don't really understand what people expect these days.
This show seems like it's absolutely rubbish, but people keep on watching. Of course they're going to keep making this type of drivel, because everyone continues to watch.
They could put a turd on a plate, and film it slowly drying out. Occasionally adding a CGI lightsaber, or millenium falcon flying by, and still people will watch.

Most people just enjoy it for what it is. It’s a tiny minority that moan and groan on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom