Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Just finished binging this. Apart from the very slow episode 3 which I had to skip through, I thoroughly enjoyed the reset of it.

Even though the key moment in the final episode was contrived, I was still completely gripped by every minute of it. So I'm willing to give that part a pass.

Shame it sounds like the viewing numbers won't be enough to garner a 2nd series.

Well it ended.
It's been one of the better Disney bed ***** imo.
But that bar is very low as we know.
On reflection all the hate for the show seems a bit over the top.
It was a bit cringe but it's 2024.
Bit of crap acting but most star wars is.
I'm over it. Disney will probably chuck another 200m at a 2nd series I'm sure. I don't care. They don't make shows for my generation of fandom.
Skeleton crew next, that will be awful I'm sure.

Last edited:
Story aside I thought the cinematography / colour palette/ lighting / cgi were pretty good.

It was more mandalorian level vs boba level.

Headland wants to do Season 2 but Disney is a bit more cautious and wants to currently scale back on Marvel and SW content. Understandable considering the amount of money they spent on this.

Bit of a weird finale. I had assumed (wrongly) that this was a limited series like Obi-Wan. Now it's clear they're planning for a 2nd season, I can't really deduct points for all the plot points not being tidied up.

The fight scenes were really good. Sol went down too easily, in the end. I know nothing about the Darth Plaguies, expect what Palpatine mentions in the Prequel trilogy. Wasn't really expecting the cameo but it came at the last moment. Bold move, as they would now have to include him in the next season.

6/10 series overall. I might watch it again, all at once, to see if I enjoy it more, somewhere down the line, and definitely if there is a season 2.

rp2000

Finally watched the finale. Kind of a mess of a series, and losing the only character it succeeded in making me care about doesn't bode well for a second series.

Some good bits, some very bad bits, and it all feels like a decent idea poorly implemented in the end.

Firmly mediocre. Not dreadful. Not great.

Reactions: Kyo
That will be epic I suspect.
It's amazing that he can say "Occupational Safety and Health Administration" so many times and it still makes me chuckle. I love the names he creates for characters and his steadfast adherence to them once he does. :D
Obviously, he's a racist, homophobic bigot though. ;)

Headland wants to do Season 2 but Disney is a bit more cautious and wants to currently scale back on Marvel and SW content. Understandable considering the amount of money they spent on this.

Frankly, they need to rehire from the ground up in relation to their creative teams and change their vision.

Someone needs to buckle down and get Kathleen Kennedy booted out too, I can only assume she has a lot of dirt on people in high places given her incredible long term incompetence.

Maybe follow in the same path as Microsoft and some other big companies and heavily downsize their DEI departments/hires if not scrap them entirely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
It's amazing that he can say "Occupational Safety and Health Administration" so many times and it still makes me chuckle. I love the names he creates for characters and his steadfast adherence to them once he does. :D
Obviously, he's a racist, homophobic bigot though. ;)
Absolutely :cry:

What we thinking, 8 hours long review?

Who was the guy who peered out of the cave for 2secs and never saw him again?
Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's master/mentor. His book is decent :).

Thought that scene was done poorly, I thought it was some cave troll even though I've read the Plagueis book - felt tacked on.

Last edited:
When did Force Ghosts first become a thing in Star Wars cannon? Wondering if this will be a thing in S2, if it lines up with the origin of them, no idea when they first popped up to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom