Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

I'm not surprised at all that it got canned.

I hope it really starts to hit these companies where it hurts, watching subpar stuff in the hope it will get better is completely flawed. If you have all the time in the world, that's fine, but I value my free time more than consuming media for the sake of it.
The problem will always be brand loyalists, I despise fans who will eat up any old **** just because it has a connection with a brand they like making everything worse for people that actually care about quality.

I gave this a go, watched the whole series hoping it would improve, but in the end I thought it was pretty much the worst SW series I've seen. So I'm not surprised it's been cancelled.

Last edited:
It wasn't great, but I would have watched a season 2, I don't like shows being cancelled without the story being completed, and the cameo and new villain in the final episode intrigued me.

rp2000

Whether you believe in DEI or not is irrelevant at this point, What is clear is that sci-fi/fantasy generally has been co-opted by show runners that seem to hate sci-fi/fantasy, and it's traditional audiences. Which would be fine if they found this new audience they claim to be making shows for, but it clearly isn't there.

**** canned.

naOFrlp.jpg

I thought it was decent, would've liked to see where they took it. Just seems like another ruthless business minded cut in response to the middling reception.

The only other Star Wars that was on this level was the holiday special, so suffice it to say I'm not even remotely surprised.

Utter shameful garbage, I still cringe thinking about that performative arts sing along nonsense at the end of ep 3 (which coincidentally was when I stopped watching).

Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom