Star Wars: The Old Republic free trial

Soldato
Personal attack? I'm the greatest? Hahaha that made me laugh!

We have a somebody starting a thread about “SWTOR Free weekend Trial” we get a couple of people, responding “excellent news” “great this is what I’ve been waiting for” Then you come in and say “It’s a desperate scramble for subs, but there ya go” And I’m trolling?

Didn't you say the same thing on the other thread? Just have to throw your 2cent in, hey! Just won’t let it rest?

*No personal attacks*

Last edited:
Soldato
So basically they're waiving the initial purchase fee. Play the trial, then just activate a sub. That makes it slightly more interesting...

Wow! Is that right? You play the trial then add time with a card and get the full game? Thats mad! Surely that cant be right.... its huge if it is!

Soldato
No doubt they'll have to reword it after many customers expect it and complain if it isn't the case. Afterall, thinking ahead is this teams weakest link next to it's customer rep managers detailing information about new system, of any type.

If it is though that uh....that's a steal of a deal!
I'd even do it just to "own the game" for 8.99 if I didn't already. (see what they did there?)

Man of Honour
Maybe they will do it so that when you "buy a subscription" from the trial you pay the equivalent of the box, so that you are in effect "buying" the game. That way their wording would be technically accurate.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
no, i'd agree with you, there are other reasons. Quite a few MMOs will introduce free trials to show off new content, hence my surprise this has not been done after the great white hope that is 1.2. I cant quite get my head around the timing of this one, so soon after the Australasia release, with such a limited time frame.

I think it is probably because the market has moved on and now a free trial is sort of expected from a big MMO. No doubt EA would also like more subscribers and this is a relatively inexpensive way for them to market the game.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
My intial thoughts were great I will give this a go, then I saw all the restrictions in effect and this has put me right off it now :(

Why? The restrictions are pretty sensible, they give you a decent taste of the game and yet stop trial accounts from being spambots.

Associate
Thanks dude. But way too much fun being had on DCUO at present :D Tis a shame you are not on there man. I know you had masses of issues as well and I guess that didn't help much :(

Still hope you'er enjoying SW:TOR as much as I am enjoying DCUO :D

No worries, just shout if you want to try it?

Good to hear mate. I know you have been a avid fan right from the start and you never gave up on it. It was a crappy graphics card I had at the time. All sorted now though. I did play a bit while waiting for swtor, got my tank up to 20 I think ;)

Having a great time with swtor, great server, great guild, it has it issues but confident Bioware are sorting them out.

Man of Honour
This game had a lot of potential but Bioware made several key mistakes and generally the quality of the finished product was very poor.

The foundation it needed in order to succeed collapsed shortly after release and now they'll just try and rescue what they can; this is the start of that.

With TERA and GW2 coming out soon, as well as Diablo III and the Starcraft expansion, SWTOR hasn't got a chance.

Permabanned
I entirely agree with this. I have always thought that all MMOs should have seperate demo servers from day one, where people can try for 7 days before deciding whether to buy. I suspect the only reason why MMOs dont do that is because traditionally MMOs are such a mess of bugs, stability issues and lack of content in the first few weeks that they dont want people demoing it at that time and getting a negative impression and not then buying it.

(obviously the way to deal with that would be not to release MMOs in a mess of bugs, stability issues and lack of content, but hey, who are we to know best :) )

I also mostly agree with this but can see why they don't.

Thanks dude. But way too much fun being had on DCUO at present :D Tis a shame you are not on there man. I know you had masses of issues as well and I guess that didn't help much :(

Still hope you'er enjoying SW:TOR as much as I am enjoying DCUO :D

Must say I always thought DCUO was a brilliant game that got so messed up by S.O.E, but they seem o have gotten it back on track, it was also the only game where one guild (ours:)) totally controlled the server we were on ..and I mean totally I still log in now and then.

Last edited:
Soldato
With TERA and GW2 coming out soon, as well as Diablo III and the Starcraft expansion, SWTOR hasn't got a chance.

I think that's a rather strong comment to make. What needs to be remembered, is that the people posting negative comments have given up on the game, and what follows that is repeated cycles of negative comments. I agree things do need to improve, but i'm still enjoying the game and one of the reasons is because i have my Star Wars fix, but generally i am enjoying the game despite things need to improve, but don't forget other people are enjoying the game too.

As i've said before, i think SW:TOR is the new STO, overtime it should get better, if it doesn't then we know what will happen.

As for all games, you should always try the game out for yourself, as i've found a lot of games that have had negative feedback, i've ended up enjoying. I also have one more 7 day free trial pass if anyone is interested, email me in trust.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I think that's a rather strong comment to make. What needs to be remembered, is that the people posting negative comments have given up on the game, and what follows that is repeated cycles of negative comments. I agree things do need to improve, but i'm still enjoying the game and one of the reasons is because i have my Star Wars fix, but generally i am enjoying the game despite things need to imrpove.

I have posed as many positives as I have negatives tho lately its been a lot more negative than positive, and I'm still playing the game.

Soldato
I have posed as many positives as I have negatives tho lately its been a lot more negative than positive, and I'm still playing the game.

I know, my comment was based on the odd individual continuously persisting on posting negative comment after negative comment and i think a lot of us get the point that some people were let down by the game. I enjoy reading negative comments more than positive, but when you see the same/similar negative comments being posted, like f2p in a month, GW2 or something will end the life of the game [it will take some players but not all, the same as it will take players from other MMO's, not just SW:TOR] then it get's rather tedious.

Back
Top Bottom