Starbound - adventure, terraria graphics designer ( INDIE )

Caporegime
Well if this is as addictive as Terraria, but with more long-term appeal, it will be the ruination of my life :p

Only thing about Terraria was that most people seemed to quickly lose interest and the OcUK server became empty. Was just me and occasionally KalvinDeane until I finished the game.

Partly I suspect this was because resources were limited, and so was play area. When most of the surface filled up with constructions, new players must have felt like they were too late to the party.

If Starbound has multiple procedurally generated worlds and plenty of space/resources, it might well last a bit longer.

Soldato
Eventually yes, if you are getting a steam key with the purchase, its safe to assume it will be available to buy on steam at some point.

Caporegime
This game just seems the same as Terraria but with different maps :confused:

I don't get the hype.

I guess it's reasonable to say if you hated Terraria you probably won't like this.

My take on it is that there will be a lot more space (multiple worlds) and a lot more complexity/depth.

Soldato
I liked Terraria and played it for hours, but a bunch of different landscapes and some new items doesn't constitute a new game in my view

Soldato
I got the version that my name is put in the NPC generator I think so you may one day have an NPC on your planet called "Tashohnie" or "Thor" :D

Soldato
From what we played of it at i49, the aim of the game seems to be very much the same but the mechanics did seem noticeable different and there were a LOT of differences to the core gameplay.

From how much I've played of Terraria (which I bought for around £2 if I recall), I think a game that is similar but has its own unique spin on things will be more than worthy of taking my money.

Associate
Hey guys, if you buy through the official site, will we get a beta key for Steam? Apparently, it will be available to purchase from Wednesday on Steam, so may just wait until then to pick it up? been watching a few streams of it so far though, it looks really good!

Back
Top Bottom