*** Starfield ***

Soldato
I'd clean out your XSX.
No amount of clean-up will get it running any faster! I read somewhere they may allow limited mods on SX which may facilitate a mod which drops resolution in favour of higher FPS. I'd personally be favour of a dropped resolution, even 1080p, if it allowed 60fps. The latest DF video suggests 40/120hz or a VRR mode are certainly doable but suspect Bethesda won't do it officially.

Soldato
No amount of clean-up will get it running any faster! I read somewhere they may allow limited mods on SX which may facilitate a mod which drops resolution in favour of higher FPS. I'd personally be favour of a dropped resolution, even 1080p, if it allowed 60fps. The latest DF video suggests 40/120hz or a VRR mode are certainly doable but suspect Bethesda won't do it officially.
I haven't seen any stuttering thus far.

Man of Honour

40fps VRR would be perfect, but I have a feeling MS will keep higher fps for their next console as a selling point. I’m surprisingly ok with 30fps at the moment.

Soldato
40fps VRR would be perfect, but I have a feeling MS will keep higher fps for their next console as a selling point. I’m surprisingly ok with 30fps at the moment.
The cynic in me agrees. This generation of consoles has been poorly served and oversold when it comes to optimisations and performance, with a few exceptions; PS5 has certainly embraced newer tech with 120hz and VRR against the SX. Shame.

Soldato
Has anyone's ship yard vendor at the ramp in New Atlantis just completely vanished?

Mine was there, then I went to Sol and a couple of other stops on the way back and he's now gone. Have tried sleeping in the ship and waiting until the next day but he's not reappearing.

Caporegime
You can add shielded cargo holds to your ship, IIRC the vendor is on the planet with the red mile.

Won’t completely stop a scan but at least gives you a chance

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't be happy with 1080p @60fps though. There is a fine line between res and fps and mine is 1440p @60fps minimum

Associate
Series X here, lvl18 or so & the only stuttering I've had is when I decided to speedrun the red mile (not got many medkits etc) console really struggled with that I guess becuase of lots of textures and enemies etc and ambient heat from the last week probably hasn't helped the console either :D

Need to work out what resources are actually important mind, picking up everything relating to crafting means I'm constantly maxed out on my storage space both ship & myself

Last edited:
Soldato
Help !!
I am completely flummoxed and google has no answers :confused:
I am doing the "Entangled" mission and am stuck with disengage power interlocks. I have 5 done but the last 2 keep giving me a message "primary calibration is not responding", I even tried switching timelines and still the same result.
Please tell me someone has an answer because it driving me nuts ! :cry:

Soldato
Help !!
I am completely flummoxed and google has no answers :confused:
I am doing the "Entangled" mission and am stuck with disengage power interlocks. I have 5 done but the last 2 keep giving me a message "primary calibration is not responding", I even tried switching timelines and still the same result.
Please tell me someone has an answer because it driving me nuts ! :cry:
Oh entangled is ******, I had the bug where you can't finish the bleeding thing and had to go back 3 hours!

Soldato
I found one walkthrough that tells of something no other webpage or video i looked at has ... hoping that is that answer,
its to do with finding Rafael's body and reading the tablet

Last edited:
Soldato
Pre-loaded the game before release and only just got back from holiday last night. Thought I'd give it a try today and it needs a 101gb update. Wtf is the point of preloading it? Going to take 3 hours to download.

Soldato
Ok so now it just got real. I’ve just been kicking ass with Adam Jensen who was wearing a cowboy outfit!

Ehehe. :p

I wasn’t sure at the start if this game was going to click with me, but I’m really starting to enjoy it. I’m only level 10 and just doing the first few Constellation missions but I’m loving how detailed this game is. The atmosphere is great and the music is so Elder Scrolls too.

I’ve been looking forward to TES6 and whilst Starfield is a completely different style/environment to TES games, it’s still a TES game at heart by the look of it.

Now I’m settling in and things are getting going, it’s starting to come to life.

I know it’s a bit of a bummer that it’s 30fps but I’m not struggling at all with it and for day 1 release it really is a great title for the Gamepass library. Much better than the last effort Redfall (in my opinion).

Back
Top Bottom