*** Starfield ***

Soldato
Hold up, so it doesn't delete saves?!? I may have a few thousand as my game crashed when I first went to Mars so saved every 5ish minutes!!!!!

I was playing last night and it prompted me to delete some saves (can't recall the exact wording though) as I had reached a save game limit. I had just been saving regularly all the way through too, and didn't give it a thought. I deleted a good few saved games and then continued but I guess I'll need to go delete some more.

On a completely different note, what are people finding to be their 'go-to' weapon in the game? I'm only at about Lvl 24 right now but none of the weapons seem OP as yet.

Soldato
I was playing last night and it prompted me to delete some saves (can't recall the exact wording though) as I had reached a save game limit. I had just been saving regularly all the way through too, and didn't give it a thought. I deleted a good few saved games and then continued but I guess I'll need to go delete some more.

On a completely different note, what are people finding to be their 'go-to' weapon in the game? I'm only at about Lvl 24 right now but none of the weapons seem OP as yet.
I like the experimental AF (I think that's the name of it) it's a shotgun type weapon with 217 damage, you get it in the main story "entangled" mission which is very aptly named because of the bugs/glitches

Soldato

At level 25, i've picked up a legendary Skip Shot Big Bang heavy particle shotgun. It's pretty dam good, recently just being levelling up mods so i can improve it further. I do play on very hard though, i think i was in a level 55 system when i picked that gun up..

Last edited:
Associate
I probably sound ungrateful but this doesn’t look like they’ve spent over 10 years working on this game…..what the hell have they been doing all this time? I know space based games are very ambitious given the sheer scale of them and they are on a hiding to nothing but there are certain things that I can’t get past like the lack of destructible scenery/objects in the world (even goldeneye N64 had this) and jumping into/shooting water with little or no effects, it just kills the immersion for me, also I spent years looking forward to be able to fly my ship around the planet and for entry/re entry into space :(
I guess I’m just hard to please lol

Soldato
I probably sound ungrateful but this doesn’t look like they’ve spent over 10 years working on this game…..what the hell have they been doing all this time? I know space based games are very ambitious given the sheer scale of them and they are on a hiding to nothing but there are certain things that I can’t get past like the lack of destructible scenery/objects in the world (even goldeneye N64 had this) and jumping into/shooting water with little or no effects, it just kills the immersion for me, also I spent years looking forward to be able to fly my ship around the planet and for entry/re entry into space :(
I guess I’m just hard to please lol

Im about 35hrs in, enjoyed it, but now im slowly getting quite bored, finding im skipping dialogue a lot, the NPCs are so bland and they speak so freaking slow. The loading screens is the worst part about it for me though, it really breaks up any immersion. Im seriously considering dropping the game and perhaps going back to it at a later date when its has any improvements and mod support is added.

Associate
What kind of drive are you using? mine takes a few seconds to load but if they took any longer than this I can see how it would get annoying

Soldato
Hi all, question to those who have completed the UC Vanguard/Crimson Fleet missions - I'm a bit confused about something but I'll put it in spoilers for those who haven't got to this point :)

Question on the mission 'Echoes of the Past' when do you get your own ship back or the option to swap back to your own ship? I have returned from 'The Lock' to the Key and spoken to Delgado after completing the mission on the planet. He's given me the Keelhauler and I'm about to embark on the next part of the missions and go to the Siren of the Stars, but first I've reported back to the UC Vanguard to speak with Commander Ikande. I flew there in the Prison Shuttle, not my Shieldbreaker.

After speaking with Ikande and returning to the prison shuttle docked at the Vanguard, I can't seem to see a way to swap back to my own ship. Do you need to continue using the prison shuttle as part of the mission storyline then get your own ship back later or should you be able to swap back to it at this stage, before heading to the Siren of the Stars?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Im about 35hrs in, enjoyed it, but now im slowly getting quite bored, finding im skipping dialogue a lot, the NPCs are so bland and they speak so freaking slow. The loading screens is the worst part about it for me though, it really breaks up any immersion. Im seriously considering dropping the game and perhaps going back to it at a later date when its has any improvements and mod support is added.
I seen a quote about Starfield that summed the game up “as wide as a galaxy, as deep as a puddle” :cry:
I started skipping dialogue by the time I got to new Atlantis, the drawn out monotone voices got annoying fast, and yeah the loading screens seem a step back this gen (they are pretty fast but that’s not the point, we should be able to seamlessly open doors and walk through interrupted by now) with the likes of Spider-Man on PS5 can go from title screen to game in an instant

Associate
Yeah i think you have to sit back and enjoy the ride. If you are in a rush to get somewhere or do something it gets a bit frustrating.

Associate
Really struggling to get into this game after playing it for ten hours. I find the combat totally ruining the experience as you don't get any feedback when you hit a enemy , they just carry on shooting you like normal when you hit them with very little hit sounds involved so it just makes the combat bland. I am finding that their is too much worthless junk around as well with random items only restoring 2-5 health, and is more hassle using them (due to the interface being pants) than picking them up. 30fps frame rate cap is hard to get used to as well

Liked fallout 4, is this game worth putting more hours in? atmosphere of the game is very good and the storyline seems decent, but just seems to be a massive grindfest

Last edited:
Soldato
Really struggling to get into this game after playing it for ten hours. I find the combat totally ruining the experience as you don't get any feedback when you hit a enemy , they just carry on shooting you like normal when you hit them with very little hit sounds involved so it just makes the combat bland. I am finding that their is too much worthless junk around as well with random items only restoring 2-5 health, and is more hassle using them (due to the interface being pants) than picking them up. 30fps frame rate cap is hard to get used to as well

Liked fallout 4, is this game worth putting more hours in? atmosphere of the game is very good and the storyline seems decent, but just seems to be a massive grindfest
Only you can tell, if I say I think my time was a waste on starfield someone will say I played it wrong or something.

Back
Top Bottom