*** Starfield ***

Soldato
I'm struggling with the point of the ship and it's crew and the whole space travel thing. Other than a storage box the ship seems pointless to me, I'm level 14 and not spent or done anything with it.
Yeah endgame and it's still pretty pointless, outposts are pretty pointless as well and don't even get me started on the economics of the game!!!

Still hoping DLC will make this more interesting, until then it's just Cut scene simulator!

Soldato
I'm enjoying the actual missions, stories and the settlements etc but like you say, getting to them is just loading screen extravaganza.

It's a Bethesda game but the whole space/ship thing seems almost like it's bolted on to pad it out

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm struggling with the point of the ship and it's crew and the whole space travel thing. Other than a storage box the ship seems pointless to me, I'm level 14 and not spent or done anything with it.

I’m not sure how you could do a space game where you travel between solar systems and planets without having spaceships in it?

If they didn’t use spaceships they would be criticised for plot holes or things being a bit boring with the travel mechanisms. The point of the spaceship is to travel but also explore. There’s various space stations and enemy spaceships. It’s also there to do battles on various missions as well as things picked up from the jobs boards.

I don’t mind the spaceship stuff personally but it took a little bit to get used to. Perhaps some of the issues players have with the spaceships are relating to not following main story which opens up various mechanics as you go. Also, to make your ship/piloting skills more useful it’s best to upgrade your skills so you can use better ships and have better battle capability - lock on, direction boosters, more damage etc. There’s plenty of content and activities for using your ship but overall the balance of off world and on world content is weighted towards on world activity. In spite of that I feel ships add gameplay options and content beyond being just a travel mechanism.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone getting issues with stuttering on the Xbox series X? Got full game installed, its not online.

Could it be my save files? Got 160 of them, didn't even realise, deleting is taking ages, can't select numerous at the same time. sigh
Hold up, so it doesn't delete saves?!? I may have a few thousand as my game crashed when I first went to Mars so saved every 5ish minutes!!!!!

Soldato
I don't really want to come across as a troll as I've not played it nor intend to but it looks and sounds mega dull, broken and pointless. Appreciate I do sound like I'm trolling though :D

Soldato
I don't really want to come across as a troll as I've not played it nor intend to but it looks and sounds mega dull, broken and pointless. Appreciate I do sound like I'm trolling though :D

I've been waiting 3 years for this game, i don't game at all anymore, find it very difficult to get into any games, last game i loved was Red Dead 2. I'm underwhelmed, it's not bringing Oblivion vibes back to me. It's ok, there are moments when i get into it, but it's not what i thought it would be. It's worth a playthrough for me, not sure how much longevity it'll have though. Hoping the modding community can make some good stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol, im going to check mine tomorrow, surely that’s a bug, I’ve not seen anyone else mentioning it.

I've just spent 25 mins deleting some saves, going to do some more tmrw. I did a hard reset on the Xbox, worked well actually, a lot of the stuttering has gone.

Find it very annoying every time i go into the scanner it pauses for a split second, they need to patch that out, doing my head in. The scanner is used quite a bit, or at least i'm using it a lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just spent 25 mins deleting some saves, going to do some more tmrw. I did a hard reset on the Xbox, worked well actually, a lot of the stuttering has gone.

Find it very annoying every time i go into the scanner it pauses for a split second, they need to patch that out, doing my head in. The scanner is used quite a bit, or at least i'm using it a lot.

Not encountered that, so perhaps I don’t have tons of save files, weird for sure, certainly going to check though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've decided to make an executive decision and park this till next year when mods arrive and hopefully better performance patches for the SX (I can live in hope).

Back
Top Bottom