Stargate season 10

rlm

rlm

Associate
Hope I've not missed a post on this, or am posting it in the right place but just to let those of you know who dont already there's definatly a season 10 coming up, this is from the stargate site:

"Returning for another tour of duty will be "everyone thats currently in series 9(or words to that effect)". Also joining the team as a regular cast member in series 10 will be Claudia Black, who portrays "Vala".

I think this is a good thing. Series 9 isn't as good as the old ones but the Orai stuff makes it a bit better. What do the rest of you think, is another series a good thing?

Soldato
I think Cameron Mitchell can only grow as a character and thus the show will get better as the character matures. There was always going to be a period of transition with Anderson leaving the show. I think Ben Browder is pretty good in his own right.

Suspended
malfunkshun said:
excellent.
I genuinely only watch 2 hours of TV per week (probably 80 minutes without ads) SG1 and Atlantis (the latter is coming along very nicely in the second series imo)

That is like me but i watch threshhold now as well

Soldato
SG1 can only get better with time. Ben Browder is ace and I love Claudia Black's character. Season 10 should be really fun. I like the way the show has grown to have galaxies vs galaxies now. The 200th episode should be something special.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Back of the net!!
Just more Stargate to love. People should also check out battlestar galactica, its brilliant.

Associate
Looking forward to Season 10 can't wait for season 9 on DVD. Apparently we meet the Ferlings in Season 10, the only member of the ancient alliance we haven't met yet. Other than that episode with the utopian paradise that went wrong.

rlm

rlm

Associate
OP
My biggest complaint about the most recent series, as with the few before is that they have quite a lot of side storys that don't mean anything to the main story line and seem to just be used as fillers. Other than that I like the stuff with Baal and the Orai, its just a shame that I work until 10pm on a Tuesday.

Hitman
Permabanned
Season 10 should be, um, interesting. I gave up around season 7, and only occasionally watch it any more. It's just not the same without the original cast.

Associate
Indeed excellent news at season 10, although ive got to admit season 9 has been a shade dissapointing. Out of the 3 current crop of scifi shows i watch, SG1, Atlantis and BSG, Galactica wins hands down with Atlantis coming second.

Tbh Vala coming back isnt a big spoiler, they implied heavily that she survived and was sent to the Ori galaxy and the episodes with her in were some of the best of season 9. I for one am happy shes coming back, as i havnt really warmed to Cameron Mitchell as a character, i find him slightly annoying. Maybe im just too much of an O'Neill (with 2 L's :D ) fanboy, but he just doesn't cut it. Big shoes to fill tho.

rlm

rlm

Associate
OP
Yeah I definatly miss RDA, his sarcasm and comedy was unique. I wonder how long they intend on keeping the whole thing going, I dont have much more space for any more season boxsets.

Soldato
Where the hell was this thread hidden! Music & Box Office! I think not!

Anyway during the first half of S9 I kept saying to myself it would get better but was hating a lot of what was going on mainly how I felt it was the Cameron Mitchell show and the "real" SG-1 had been sidelined.

Daniel has turned into something I hate even though I loved him and Vala he makes jokes way too often nowadays and the archaeologist seems to be missing. I loved it when he first started making the odd joke but it seems that they are trying to compensate for RDA absence.

Teal'c I thought was pretty mute at the start but loved seeing him in the episodes that involved the Jaffa nation as they showed just how much the character has grown over the years.

Ripple Effect I thought was great! Classic fight scene, Bratak but the whole Mitchell thing was a distraction for me and instead of building the character up it's shown the perfect reason why he shouldn't be anywhere near the SGC, because he's a "hothead".

The one great thing that has been introduced as said before is Vala. I think that she is the perfect addition in the absence of RDAs humour, and damn hot. :D Is she confirmed as being a member of SG-1? I thought it was just confirmed she was going to be a regular cast memeber for S10?

So actually it hasn't been that bad although Mitchell being the main character and me hating him is probably why it seems like I dislike it although as long as the T man is there I'll keep watching. :D

To end on the best news I've heard, MGM have announced a Stargate MMORPG!!! I think I just wet myself!!!

Soldato
I'm not sure. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Vala would be on the actual "SG-1 team" but may have been imagining things. One thing is for sure though, she'll be a regular Season 10 cast member! :D

I don't like Mitchell very much either. He seems too big for his boots. But I guess they are still trying to strike the right balance with his character. Hopefully they'll have it sorted out by next season.

On another note: How long do MMORPG games usually take to make? I'm guessing it'll take quite a bit more work than just your average FPS shoot'em'up, right? I think MGM may have bigger plans yet - e.g. a SG-1 movie. The studio's love to launch a movie and game at the same time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
WOOOHOOO! More Claudia Black and Amanda Tapping, oh yeah, come to daddy. :D

Edit: MMORPG, now if there was ever a story that lends itself to that format is just has to be Stargate. I have never played that type of ultimate geeky type game but if they bring that out I most definately will be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom