Starting weight lifting again - help please :)

Bugger, forgot to edit the set's/reps.

Bench press - 4 sets 6 reps
Weighted Dips For Chest - 3 sets 8 reps
Seated Dumbell military press 3 sets 8 reps
close grip bench press - 3 sets 8 reps

Is this better?

S7yl3s said:
I am not explicitly having a dig at you buddy I'm just saying it NEEDS to be balanced else you'll come out looking like an experiment, or with tiny gains and that's it.

I understand :) It's why i'm posting here, i'm open to any ideas :) I understand that each area is made up of different fibres, but i'm not sure which ones would do that.

With the bech and flyes, I think that would work my chest, but i'll see tommorow. For my shoulders, would doing lateral raises and a rear delt row make my shoulders bigger?

I'm open to suggestions :)

Linoge said:
Try Arnold dumbbell presses for your shoulders as well. :)

You should basically do what I did and make up a list of exercises for each muscle group and give them all a try at some stage. You may find some feel better than others. If your doing flyes, then I'd recommend incline dumbbell flyes instead of using the machine, try and keep the exercises to as many free weights as possible.

I'll give that a try :) And yes, I try and use the free weights as much as possible ;)

I guess the problem i'm having right now with some exercises for my shoulders is that there are 3 different muscles, and 3 exercises seems one too many :S

Morba said:
... for the next 3 days

i was hurting until tuesday after my sunday leg workout!

I just got back from mine, my leg's were trembling when I was putting my jeans back on. I think i'll be glued to this seat for the next few hours (days), so expect a lot of posts from me :D :p

Thanks for the reply :)

I'll try and increase shakes, and protein. Mum just got back from shopping and seem's to have bought a bag of monkey nuts, i'll grab a bowl full.

I'll post up my gym routine too (with weights aswell) tonight. Need to get some work done ;)

So, a couple of weeks in.

I've been finding the plan quite a balanced one, so that i'm not too shattered that I can't do the next body part.

Sorry I didn't get my weights posted up, here are some details of the 'main three'.
Deadlift: Haven't done it before so i'm still trying to pinpoint it down a bit more, I could do 90KG. I tried 100KG, but I think I pulled my back a bit.
Squat: Did this today, I was quite suprised as usually I can only go up to 60KG, 65KG max. But I got to 70KG today, oh and no padding on the bar aswell...
Bench press: 50KG, finding it a bit easier now that I can do the full 4 sets of 6 with 50, might add another 5 this week.

Also asked one of the instructors to measure my body fat %, first time I did this the machine(electric type measurement) put me 28% :eek: Then at 18%. so I thought it would be more accurate for him to measure it (with callipers). He measured it at a little over 11%, this was after my workout so it may be different to pre-WO.

I would like to thank you all who have contributed, it means a lot to me that you have taken your time to help :)

S7yl3s said:
It's lovely to look back at then. I started out loving benching and hateing squats but now I couldn't live without squats I love them.

I think I have the same feelings, when I upped it to 70 it made me feel better, 60 seemed a little low to me.

I'll see if I can dig out dreamweaver and start up a journal ;)

Back
Top Bottom